IGNORED

Congratulations to Linda and Kirby

SteveB

Linda and Kirby tied the knot today in an intimate outdoor ceremony culminating a“Harleqinesque” romantic meeting. As many of you know Kirby met Linda by chance at a gas station on the way to last year’s Fall Hill Country Ride and invited her (and her sister) to join the group. And today PJ and I attended their wedding.

43204259-M.jpg

Kirby was decked out in tails and resembled Doc Holliday while Linda was radiant as only a bride can be.

43204254-M.jpg

It was a special pleasure to meet Kirby’s parents. I am often surprised at myself for the conclusion I draw when meeting friends’ parents. Here were two conservative seniors that I assumed would perhaps be unsupportive of the new couples’ motorcycling and the friends they have met through riding. What a joy it was to talk bikes with these bikers from way back and realize I had no idea how much we all had in common after all! It appears Kirby is a third generation motorcyclist and took his first ride as a toddler riding on the tank of his mother’s Jawa. The family would go to church with three of the kids on the Chief with dad and the other three riding with Mom on her motorcycle! Oddly enough, we even discovered that Kirby’s grandfather was riding motorcycles way back when…..in the same little town in Arkansas that PJ’s mom was born. With his family history it was only natural that the Grooms Cake turned out the way it did. (It not only looked great – it tasted great, too!).

43204253-M.jpg

We also enjoyed meeting Linda’s sister and many other family members. At the reception we shared a table with a group of folks from various other local motorcycle groups and once again got to talk bikes! Unfortunately, the ONLY motorcycle in the parking lot was a lone FJR (go figure…..!).

ClearwaterBMW

oh, wow

this is a different kind of heart-warming story. Linda and Kirby, Carol and I wish you all the best... we hope you will find all the happiness that we have over the past 20 years. i hope that you'll show us the "appropriate" pictures from the honeymoon

take care and good luck

greg

Francois_Dumas

That is THE coolest wedding cake I've ever seen !!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Oops.. before I forget.... wishing you much happiness and good health for many many years to come ! thumbsup.gif

WOWEEEEE!! and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Congrats you two!! That is the coolest thing ever! thumbsup.gif

And to think it started out so innocently . . . in a gas station parking lot!! grin.gif (don't worry, I've "kept" the thread so it won't auto delete! wink.gif )

Here's wishing you both many, many years of miles of smiles together!! I hear San Diego is a great place for honeymoons!! clap.gif

( . . . and some great riding, too! wink.gif )

Steve,

Many thanks for posting this. What an awesome story!

I am very happy for these two... thumbsup.gif

I am glad these two got together as they both are great people. A true match!

CONGRATULATIONS grin.gif

All my love and best wishes to the bride and groom! Linda you look beautiful. Kirby you do look a little like Doc. grin.gif

Rumour has it that when she asked him he responded with his best charming Doc Hollidrawl: "I'm your Huckleberry!" grin.gif

Congratulations & Best Wishes!

Couldn't have been a better story and what a fine way to start out on a life-time journey.

May you two have many, many more Hill Country Rides together.

Guess the traditional Saturday night dinner will now be an anniversary dinner.

Count me "In"!

Chas

smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the congrats. It was a beautiful wedding. Sorry for the late response, was pretty sick after we got home from our short honeymoon-some kinda flu bug. Linda did a great job with all the planning & the cake was a surprise to me. She wouldn't tell me what it was, but every time I asked her about it she just started laughing! Thanks for the pics Steve those are great.

We may have another new ride in the garage very soon- stay tuned for news!!

Jamie, that is cool that you saved that story of how we met. cool.gif

Ken I guess we made an impression at El Paseo-- just not the type I was hoping for! blush.gif You & Kate were great about our " falling for each other".

Here's to many more happy years with my lovely bride,

Here's to many more happy years with my lovely bride!

Here!! HERE!!!! And we're glad you're feeling better!! thumbsup.gif

What a great story! Leslie and I are so happy for you two! clap.gif

We'll have "Kirby's Kabin" servicable again in the next few weeks or so, so be sure to keep us on the short list of "places you always wanted to visit"!! smile.gif

Archived