IGNORED

differents of 03-04 rt

Heyfrank

can someone tell me the difference between the 2003 rt and the 2004 rt. I heard both have dual spark, are there any differences in braking,suspention? or any thing else, thanks

No dual spark on the '03. The late '03s, the '04s and the '04 and 1/2s have a different reservoir cap for the Evo brake reservoir under the tank. No radio harness on the '04.

Braking and suspension are unchanged as far as I know.

I'm sure there's more and I'm sure '04 owners wil chime in.

The 04's also had terminals installed so that you could jump start the bike without removing the plastic. You can buy the parts cheap, but then again, I never had to jump my bike.

The late '03s, the '04s and the '04 and 1/2s have a different reservoir cap for the Evo brake reservoir under the tank.

Does that mean the funnel for the pre-04's won't work for bleeding the '04 brakes? I bought the cap and funnel for my '02 RT, but never put it together. I thought I'd be able to use it on my '04.

Leslie, the '03's are dual spark (at least mine is grin.gif)

Cheers

tongue.gif Hey, it's not our fault if the US marketers can't number our bike years correctly! dopeslap.gif

When did the US 2002 model year R1150RT come out--early March of 2001??!! If this keeps up, pretty soon we'll be getting the new "2007's" released in December of 2005! eek.gif

To the OP: unless you buy your 2003 in Canada or Australia--or the previous owner did the San Jose BMW Dual-spark conversion--it'll be single spark! frown.gif

But on the up-side the wiring harness will have the slick little "purple-with-black" wire to run a relay to an accessory block for your gadgets (if you're so inclined! wink.gif ) that'll stay hot when you shut down, but off only when you lock the forks! thumbsup.gif

Does that mean the funnel for the pre-04's won't work for bleeding the '04 brakes?
Yes. Maybe. On some.

There was a mid-year production change so that the older cap indeed will not work on the later '04 ABS units. But the other way around will. In other words if you convert your funnel to the new cap it will work for the older bikes.

Thanks for all your help. I"m looking at a 2003 that the guy says is two spark. hes about 90 minutes away so i have not checked it out yet. sounds promising. were in calif. thanks again .

Archived