IGNORED

Sargent seat for 1150rt

jwilkins

I had the low seat first and it killed me after 1/2 hour. I traded it for the regular and it's much better than stock. Call sargent and ask them.

Put it on the center stand, put a level on the seat, measure to the floor, then do the same the stock seat. I think 32 1/2" is the low model.

I sent an e-mail to Sargent with the same question. Measure from the back of the horizontal part of the seat to the top of the vertical part of the seat at the back of the seat. The standard seat will be about 4", and the low seat will measure about 5".

I sent an e-mail to Sargent with the same question. Measure from the back of the horizontal part of the seat to the top of the vertical part of the seat at the back of the seat. The standard seat will be about 4", and the low seat will measure about 5".

Hmmmm, I bought Jan a "low" seat directly from Sargant at the 2001 BMWMOA rally in Oregon. I believe it was the first year they started using their own seat pans. It measures 4 1/4 inches if I understand your instructions correctly.

Maybe these dimensions only apply to current production seats.

Stan

Hmmmm, I bought Jan a "low" seat directly from Sargant at the 2001 BMWMOA rally in Oregon. I believe it was the first year they started using their own seat pans. It measures 4 1/4 inches if I understand your instructions correctly.

I bought an '04 RT in June that came with the stock comfort and Sargent saddles. I wanted to know if I had the standard or low Sargent. Mine measures 4 1/4 from the horizontal part of the seat I sit on to the top of the vertical part of the seat. The dimensions I stated were directly from Sargent.

592175-Img_0721-2.jpg.ded6f22d1652312ba7217591f3e439a1.jpg

It would seem that a seat that measures 4 1/4" may be either a regular or a low seat depending on when it was made. Not too useful.

It would be better to measure from some point on the bike to the flat part of the seat that you sit on, perhaps from the riders pegs.

So, on Jan's seat, in the lowest position, measured from the top of the footpeg rubber on the left side of the bike to a ruler laid on the flat part of the seat, it's 18".

Your turn. grin.gif

Stan

OK. I'm not sure if I put the ruler in the same position on the seat. I had it on the flat portion of the seat about 2" in back of the colored stripes on the front of the seat. From the top of the left riders foot peg it was a little over 19" to the ruler. I guess the information I got from Sargent might not have meant too much. Tag, you're it. grin.gif

Tag, you're it.

OK, I can muddy the waters a bit more..... smile.gif

I have an older Sargent seat (built on a BMW seat pan). I got it used (for free) and Jan liked it a lot better than the stock (non-confort) seat. It only gets used when we take both RT's on a trip. The rest of the time it lives in a cabinet in the garage. Around town I use the stock (non-confort) seat.

I measured it the same way as the Sargent "low" seat on the same R1100RT. It's one inch taller at 19". I also measured it on my R1150RT, same result, 19".

Stan

The regular Sargent fits in line with the tank in the lowest position where the seat meets the tank. The low seat dips below where the seat meets the tank. The seat is great but for long trips(I just did 2 500 mile days)the Akaskan Sheepskin(50.00)on top does the trick! clap.gif

I'm looking for a low seat. I have a BMW sport seat but I'm not satisfied. I've ridden a sargent low and liked it ok. I've found someone w/ a sargent for sale but he does not know if if it is a regular or low seat and does not know the age. It's across country so I don't want to risk shipping both ways. Sounds like it would be a risk so I'll probably pass on the purchase. Thanks for the input. jwilkins

I have a "low" Sargent for Sale. Low front with passenger seat with the multicoloured logo, black piping, like new.

Will be listed in Classifieds soon. Send me a PM for more details.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response. Some how I missed your response. Tell me a price, condition, etc. I'll be out of town for a couple of days b4 I'm able to respond back. thanks/jwilkins

Archived