IGNORED

ABS front wheel circuits fluid level..

Dundee387

Doing my first ever abs fluid flush on 06 RT. Had some snags along the way, but thanks to the JVB video, and the guys on this boards, I'm almost done (I hope).

I just got done with the front wheel circuits and I can't get the fluid level to reach the top crossbar on the vent cap. I've tried everything, and I don't see any leaks anywhere. I can see fluid in the chamber, it's below the top crossbar, but I can't get it up to the top crossbar, like I was able to do for the rear wheel circuit. I must have tried it a half a dozen times. Good clean fluid coming out, no bubbles. Even when I tried to "top off", the fluid just disappears...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I did the brake fluid flush on my 06 ST a year ago and had no trouble at all, so you have me stumped as well. Topping off was no problem on my bike. :S

I experienced the same thing on my 06 RT. You will need to bring the fluid to the proper level without using the bike's brake assist, key off and no brake lever pull. Just keep adding a little at a time until you are there.

The rear worked like it should, as depicted in the video.

Dunno... will try to top off as suggested. I don't know what else I can do.

Archived