IGNORED

How much does an R1100RT weigh?

PLW

Has anyone actually put their bike on a scale? If so, was it a bare bike or with side cases, were the cases full or empty? Full fuel or ???. After riding this thing for 7 or 8 years, I'm curious.

Ride to the dump and use their scale.

MCN weighs all of the bikes they test using same scales and in similar configuration.

A search might turn that up.

This is how I found out how much my wife weighs. ;) I pulled onto a DOT scale fully loaded with wife and then came back later and did it again without her! They were happy to weigh us. A lot of DOT scales are left on even if the weigh master is gone for the night. They usually have a display mounted outside.

OK, to answer my own question.

I ran over to a friend's warehouse and put my bike on the scale.

For the record, it's a '96 with no radio or speakers, has approximately 1 gallon less than a full tank and for the weigh in, I removed the luggage.

The number is 614 pounds -- so with a full tank of fuel 620 would be real close.

If anybody else is anal enough to care.

Heavier that I would have thought. I guess the R1200RTs are quite a bit lighter. Course those commercial truck scales are calibrated to the range that they are normally weighing...

My -05 non esa, w/ cruise, no radio, w/ panniers and topcase, full tank 257kg 566lbs. So it IS very light in its category of touring bikes. Competitors are easily 100+lbs heavier.

My -05 non esa, w/ cruise, no radio, w/ panniers and topcase, full tank 257kg 566lbs. So it IS very light in its category of touring bikes. Competitors are easily 100+lbs heavier.

This naturally was R1200RT for comparison to whale heavy R1100Rt

Has anyone actually put their bike on a scale? If so, was it a bare bike or with side cases, were the cases full or empty? Full fuel or ???. After riding this thing for 7 or 8 years, I'm curious.

how much does it weigh? too much when pushing around the garage.

But, let the clutch out, and it's one of the few bikes that feels like it loses 100lbs. :)

rpg

Archived