IGNORED

Techlusion and no CCP - What are your settings?

Armando

I have been playing with different voltage combinations on the techlusion. Although it greatly minimizes the surge, I am not completly happy. Currently I have the Cruise at 3.7, Green OFF, Yellow and Red at 1.5 volts each.

I am ready to pull the CCP and see what that does. Any recomendations on the settings for the techlusion running without the CPP?

Thanks

I've received my R259 but haven't yet installed it, but from what I've read pulling the CCP partially defeats the purpose of the unit. Dobeck says that whatever CCP came on your bike should be left in in order to maintain the Motronic's map so that the Techlusion can base its adjustments on it.

From the Dobeck forum on the R259:

"You can pull the CCP. However, if you do this you are forcing the bike into open loop mode and rendering the R259 cruise fuel inoperative. This leaves you with a 1031 controller with no rpm adjustment for the top-side fuel."

I was doing more reading and it seems like the surging will not got away entirely, regardless of what I do. This is because there maybe some true surging going on or, now that I am fixiated on changing the settings, I may be experiencing imaginary surging!. The fact is that with the R259 on it, the surging is only slighly noticable between 3800 and 4000 RPMs. Plus, it is only noticeable if cruising within that range, not when accelerating.

Maybe I will give the whole thing a break and see if over a few days, it continues to bother me.

I would still be curious to find out what settings others are using on the techlusion with CCP or sans.

Thanks

I was doing more reading and it seems like the surging will not got away entirely, regardless of what I do. This is because there maybe some true surging going on or, now that I am fixiated on changing the settings, I may be experiencing imaginary surging!. The fact is that with the R259 on it, the surging is only slighly noticable between 3800 and 4000 RPMs. Plus, it is only noticeable if cruising within that range, not when accelerating.

Maybe I will give the whole thing a break and see if over a few days, it continues to bother me.

I would still be curious to find out what settings others are using on the techlusion with CCP or sans.

Thanks

As posted above, on their support forum Dobeck says to leave the CCP in the bike...if your bike came with one. In the same forum the Mod says that '...some late model 1150s were produced without a CCP.' Go figure...

My 04Roadster did not come with a CCP. Since the R259 only adds fuel, I started my settings WAY low from the 'recommended'....

G=.3 Y=.5 R=.5 Cruise=1.4

My once very slight surge is basically gone, altho on very hot daze I can still notice it occasionally.

I may yet tweek the G down a tenth and the Cruise up a tenth, but I'm happy with the results...

thumbsup.gif

So I was going to stop playing with the settings but the weather was somewhat good this afternoon and I could not resist. Pulled the CCP and set pots as follows:

Green off

Yellow off

Red off

Cruise .5 volts

Basically, almost turned the techclusion off. this has been by far the best setting. I am going to continue to drop the Cruise further to see what happens. 1 know I tried turning the techclusion off with the CCP out before and it did not feel as good as it does now.

Ofcourse, I now wonder if it is all in my head because of the following comment "You can pull the CCP. However, if you do this you are forcing the bike into open loop mode and rendering the R259 cruise fuel inoperative. This leaves you with a 1031 controller with no rpm adjustment for the top-side fuel." and since I only have the cruise on, is the techclusion doing anything at all with the CCP out?

eek.gif

a

Here's what Techlusion says about the CCP:

"The 259 is designed to work on a bone stock Motronic system that is running its 'catalyzed closed loop' program. It's essential that your bikes fuel system be functioning, as designed, by Bosch/BMW. Any alterations to the stock system, CCP fitment, TPS adj etc. will cause the stock system to function improperly, which, in-turn, causes the R259 to malfunction.

Always use the original CCP, and always use the factory TPS adjustment. Call your dealer for the original CCP fitment for your bike. Some late model BMWs don't use a cat code plug. If this is the case, don't install one."

Archived