IGNORED

Hazzard lights

shutterbug4it

shutterbug4it

Hello All,

With the temps in S.E. PA. hovering in the 50's I decided to start the 1150rt and first had to put a trickle charge on for a few hours to bring the battery up. Did that yesterday so this morning before leaving for work I decided to crank the bike over and it started. Turned it off and when I got home this eve I started the bike and intended to run it around the neighborhood to blow the cobwebs off. While warming the bike I check the signals and brake light. All OK. I then flipped the hazzard lights on and they would not turn off. Wife called me in for dinner ( Valentine's day) and I ate the quickest dinner possible without it appearing obvious that I needed to get back out to the bike,it was shut off, but flashers flashing. I switched the key to the on position and the flashers stopped flashing. Can't figure that out as the flasher button would not turn the flashers off with many tries prior to dinner with key in various positions. It just wouldn't turn off prior or din-din. The flashers were going strong when I went to the garage post dinner( bike not running) but by then the bat wasn't strong enough to start the bike but the flashers went out when I tried to start the bike. I wanted to spray a dab of WD40 on the "red flasher button" figuring it was a bit lazy but didn't do that. Any thoughts as I could not find a post. That leads me to the question that when using the advanced search I couldn't narrow the field to less than 15 pages. So how does on narrow a search? P.S. ---> My bride of 33 years wasn't to thrilled that I bolted out the door to attend my other "love", the bike after the all-tooo- short-- Valentine repaste. In the dog house but it won't last. She tolerates me.

Shutterbug,

Welcome to the board, I am right next door in Upper Bucks near Lake Nockamixon. As far as your flashers go try re-seating the flasher in the fuse panel and see if that helps.

Did you hit the turn signal cancel button? Try it.

Do you have a manual?

Both my 2004 Montauk and 2009 RT say to turn the flashers off with the turn signal cancel switch.

Terry

shutterbug4it

Hello All,

I bought the bike used last summer and only got a small booklet manual. It said the hazard switch engages and disengages the hazards. Duh! So there seems to be an omisson in the booklet "and" my lack of observation as there is a cancel switch on the R/H bar. No mention in the booklet about that but I should have been more observant. Hoping this post winds up under Terry,74c5, LilJohn & Richard's posts. I'll get the hang of it.

If a Kissan signal minder was added you will need to press the turn signal cancel button instead of the hazard button.

The signal minder automatically turns the turn signals off after x seconds. It is programmable. It can also make the turn signals operate as running lights.

Archived