IGNORED

Removing Windshield

Motorrad4fun

What specila tool is needed to remove the windshild on my 04 KGT. Is it something I need to go and order from BMW? It almost looks like a press fitting

Anyway,

any advise would be great

And by the way, if i have not said this lately this board is one of the best forums i have found on the net in recent history,,,THANKS,,,,

And by the way, if i have not said this lately this board is one of the best forums i have found on the net in recent history,,,THANKS,,,,

This is one of the better ones out there and it even gets better once you actually meet up with some of the members. Personally, I have yet to meet someone through this board that I haven't liked and would go out of my way to help if needed.

Here is another good one that is more about our K bikes with the same type of folks.

As for your problem with the windscreen, I haven't got your answer because I haven't taken mine off yet and it may be different than an RS anyway.

http://gunsmoke.com/scot/k12/windscreen.html

Here is a link to one method.

You need to look at the fitting. one side has a small post that sticks out slightly from the middle of a mushroom shape, usually towards the center. The other side has the

4 parts that press on that small post. You need to push the post only from the side of the 4 claw like end towars the mushroom end. When the post moves a bit you can continue to push it or pull it mostly through. Don'lose it!! Once it has moved a bit you can compress the side with the 4 parts on it and it will allow you to slide piece out towards the mushroom end.

There are some bushing type parts that this piece sets in. That piece will only go in one way when you reassemble.

You may need to create a tool that will allow you to push on the end of the small post. Coat hanger piece held in needle nose can work.

Good luck.

OK, its all done, thanks for all the help.

bike%20011-01.jpg

Help,,,,why is this picture so big......how do I resize it so it is not gaintnormus?

Archived