IGNORED

Worst fuel range

r77toy

I don't think you will get any meaningful answers. Too many variables. Riding in Kansas at 80 mph into a 40 mph headwind got me under 30 mpg.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Assume 40 MPG, 6.5 usable gallons of fuel, so figure 260 miles on a tankful. Adjust the range downward if you're bucking a headwind and/or riding at high speeds.

I've got a '97 RT, planning a "Quick" ride around Nellis AFB soon. What's the lowest range you've gotten out of a tank of fuel?

As Paul says, not easy, what sort of riding do you do. What sort of average and top speed do you envisage, What sort of terrain do you expect, what sort of altitude will you be riding at, what sort of load will you be carrying?

I guess the easy response is - keep your tank topped up as often as possible.

Andy

I've got a '97 RT, planning a "Quick" ride around Nellis AFB soon. What's the lowest range you've gotten out of a tank of fuel?

My "personal best" is 31 mpg, but that was from Casa Grande to Yuma. You can scoot on this road, but take you radar detector. A LEO can light you up from a long distance. Also, ensure you have plenty of tread on your tires. The Alien Hwy will eat your tires.

Click here for my experience on that ride.

Archived