IGNORED

BMW Motorcycles of Tampa Bay has a new owner

RichEdwards

1177456680_NEect-XL.jpg

I took my GT into Eurocycles today for its 30,000 mile service and General Manager David Picou asked me if I wanted to meet his new boss. Confused, I was led over to meet Aaron Sprague, the new owner of BMW of Tampa Bay, also known as Eurocycles. I had a nice talk with this very pleasant young man (yes, 37 is a young man to me) and I learned a great deal about him.

Aaron first approached previous owner Joe Macguire about buying the dealership a number of years ago and Joe said that he wasn't interested in selling. But Aaron was persistent and asked Joe to think about it while he (Aaron) travelled around the world on his BMW 800GS with a group of 10 other riders. 48,000 miles later, Aaron returned to Eurocycles and closed the deal (on January 28th).

Aaron grew up in Connecticut and has lived in Florida, in the St. Pete area, for the last 11 years. The "Around the World Trip" will be featured in a National Geographic television special in the next couple of months (we will post the date on the website when National Geographic announces it).

Aaron will be at the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay February Pancake Breakfast (Feb. 5) and is anxious to meet club members. He says that he is very interested in interaction with riders and with clubs.

With so many dealerships closing all over the country, it's great to see a vibrant dealership continue with a new and enthusiastic owner.

First, Joe is a class act, IMO, and I wish him well.

Second, this is great news for the Tampa crew and I hope a fine dealership becomes even better under new ownership.

Look forward to meeting him some day soon.

Enjoy the pancakes.

:wave:

Ask Joe if he wants to open a satellite location a little further north up I-75.......in Cincinnati! We lost our local dealer several years ago. Fortunately, Motohio in Columbus is trying hard to fill the void.

I'm looking forward to the NG special.

Ask Joe if he wants to open a satellite location a little further north up I-75.......in Cincinnati!

Yes, Joe is a class act. I had many opportunities to witness his honesty and sincerity. He was instrumental in getting the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay started. Most recently he got BMW to supply the parts after my GT's ABS system died. This was months after my warranty expired. And the dealership installed the parts for free! Great customer support!

And no. He won't be owning another dealership anywhere. Joe and his family will be heading out west and he's not sure what he will be doing when they get there.

I wish him good fortune!

That is one great dealership. My Triumph caught on fire while visiting a friend in the area and they did a great job getting me back on the road. Good luck!

Ask Joe if he wants to open a satellite location a little further north up I-75.......in Cincinnati!

Yes, Joe is a class act. I had many opportunities to witness his honesty and sincerity. He was instrumental in getting the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay started. Most recently he got BMW to supply the parts after my GT's ABS system died. This was months after my warranty expired. And the dealership installed the parts for free! Great customer support!

And no. He won't be owning another dealership anywhere. Joe and his family will be heading out west and he's not sure what he will be doing when they get there.

I wish him good fortune!

Here! Here!

He did very well by me when I lost an input shaft on my 98 RT.

I wish motorrad would hire him to consult with other dealerships to be as good/helpful as Eurocycles is.

Archived