IGNORED

Waiting on For my new RT

7seas10

I finally decided that my next bike will be a 2011 RT 1200 R Polar Ice. It took me a bit longer to decide since I coming from 3 GSs (100/1100/1150). but for the long distance touring that my wife and I do, is the perfect fit, comfortable and loaded with all the gadgets for long traveling:

ESA, ASC, TPM, On board computer, Cruise Control, Heated seats/grips Alarm System.

It will be delivered after the second week of March.

Interesting. I am still on the fence for a new two up bike. Looking at a 12GS Low, 1200RT, or picking up a used 12LT. What pushed you (specifically) from the GS to the RT?

DaveTheAffable
I finally decided that my next bike will be a 2011 RT 1200 R Polar Ice.

Ohhh..Hurray! :clap:

Another member that knew the best color to buy. (Like me!)

You'll love your bike.

I currently own and ride an 04 R1150RS. I would love to be waiting for a new RT. Problem is, my wife wants to ride on something like a Gold Wing or Harley Electra Glide. She thinks those sofa like rear seats are the greatest. That's not gonna happen.

Hopefully in the next year or two, I'll talk her into the RT.

Enjoy your new bike!

In response to:

Poster: rhaubold

Subject: Re: Waiting on For my new RT

I currently own and ride an 04 R1150RS. I would love to be waiting for a new RT. Problem is, my wife wants to ride on something like a Gold Wing or Harley Electra Glide. She thinks those sofa like rear seats are the greatest. That's not gonna happen.

I had a Goldwing prior to my 09 RT. I like the RT much better.

"Polar Ice" ice huh? A color to match the weather you guys have been having? Hope things thaw up and you have some nice, fun and safe riding this spring! Nice bike.

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new bike!

See if you can find a friend with a R1200RT with a full Russell Daylong saddle and a trunk on it and let her sit on it. I think she might like it.

... my wife wants to ride on something like a Gold Wing or Harley Electra Glide. She thinks those sofa like rear seats are the greatest.

FYI and info for her...

I had both the R1200RT and the H-D Road Glide, (with all the comfort extras) in the garage at the same time. After her first ride on the RT she never wanted to ride the Glide again- and didn't.

Steve Kolenda

Just went from a 2000 R1100 RT to a 2011 R1200 RT and before we made the decision we tried a GOLD Wing. We took approximately a 30 minute test ride on the Wing and my wife could not believe how uncomfortable the seat was compared to the R1100. Our old R1100 with 146,000 miles on it had Russell Seats. The difference in comfort is absolutely amazing. By the way, Russell seats for the 2011 arrived a few weeks ago. One of our first upgrades.

Hope you have many safe and enjoyable miles on the new bike. I picked up mine in December and haven't stopped smiling about it yet.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Archived