IGNORED

Gotta do a little bragging about Cee Bailey.

steve.foote

I don't often post testimonials of things I buy, but this experience has been so good that I can't help myself. So, here goes.

Having put up with the stock 1200GS windscreen for five years, I finally jumped and bought a new aftermarket replacement. The options are almost endless, but I found a lot of folks talking highly about the Cee Bailey BMW R1200 GS Adventure Enhanced Euro System . It fits both the GS and the GS Adventure models and comes with the adventure bracket if to be fitted on the regular GS. I opted for the 18" clear shield and the Wind Wings.

All I can say is, "Why did I wait so long to do this?" The difference is almost too much to describe. Gone is all but the ever so slightest of buffeting (even in significant traffic). It's so quiet in my helmet that I run my audio at about half the volume I used to, and I noticed a significantly more relaxing trip. After 800 miles this weekend, I felt better getting off the bike than I can ever remember, with the possible exception of one particular trip on the old RT. Needless to say, I am quite pleased.

As usual, YMMV and I have no connection at all to Cee Bailey. Their product exceeded my expectations and I wanted to give compliments to them in a case which was very much warranted.

5419.jpg.3579d7226bd05e6094f7d8144f62af43.jpg

I have the same screen, although an older version without the ADV bracket and with the wings alongside it really does make a big difference.

I just installed one on my '07 RT Tuesday night. I bought a 2" tall, 5" wide model, and LOVE IT! On the RT, I no longer have the wind buffeting, and I also run the volume lower on the music. I commute 30 miles each way to work, so it's nice to get in relaxed, and home even more so.

My only thing with it was when I put it on, I needed to run about 15 miles to a store that night. I noticed the bike seemed to twitch a LOT more than it had, and thought the shield was at fault. When I got off the bike at the store, the wind almost blew the helmet off the seat! No twitching problems, just a 20 MPH wind gust. :dopeslap:

By the way, it was ten minutes, with cleaning, to replace the shield! :thumbsup:

I did install the Cee Bailey on my '05 GS but found that the larger stock windscreen with side panels on my '09 GS Adventure needed no replacement.

In response to:

Poster: DiverRay

Subject: Re: Gotta do a little bragging about Cee Bailey.

I just installed one on my '07 RT Tuesday night. I bought a 2" tall, 5" wide model, and LOVE IT! On the RT, I no longer have the wind buffeting, and I also run the volume lower on the music. I commute 30 miles each way to work, so it's nice to get in relaxed, and home even more so.

I am looking at 1 inch tall and 3 inches wide. I'm 5'10", how tall you are? Can you see over the screen? I'm looking at more protection to my shoulder area in cold weather.

When picking a windshield, keep in mind that usually the lowest most tilted position gives the smoothest buffeting-free air flow. Important is that you should still see comfortably over it.

I have the 2" tall and 3" wider version on my 07. You will definitly feel the wind more and the bike does twitch. I expected that the wider screen would provide more rain protection on my shoulders, but that is not the case. Seems to hit me there more and then run down my arm and dribble onto my legs. I ride with the screen in the down position 99% of the time. and you will see a decline on the milage. i'm hoping that in the summer it gets better with the warmer air, both in fuel managment and air density

my 2 cents and i'm 5'11"

When picking a windshield, keep in mind that usually the lowest most tilted position gives the smoothest buffeting-free air flow. Important is that you should still see comfortably over it.

That is correct. Cee Bailey recommends that the top of the screen should be approximately level with your mouth when sitting normally on the bike.

+1

I have the Cee Bailey -1 on my 1150 GSA and it is perfect for me.

I don't like the big sails.

Cee Bailey's does make a fine product. I have had them on all of my bikes.

Archived