IGNORED

Droid X and MAC users......

Armando

How do you sync you Apple content to your Droid? By content I mean, iPhoto, iTunes movies and music (MP3 and ACC format playlists), iCal and Address Book?

Your question made me realize that my Droid isn't really talking to my Mac.

I don't sync them right now. I only use Google gmail email, calendars and contact list. I just go to gmail and there it all is. After the last debacle with my Blackberry I'm only using gmail so I never have to go through that crap of reestablishing my world all over again!

I use Smugmug for my photos and again, access both via both hardwares systems. No problem.

I don't put music on my phone. I guess that is something I could do, but my Ipod is far more powerful and loaded for bear.

I'm finding it easier, for now, to stay with my chosen sources and just tell the hardware where to go.

Steve says something is coming for the Droid, real soon. Stay tuned.

How do you sync you Apple content to your Droid? By content I mean, iPhoto, iTunes movies and music (MP3 and ACC format playlists), iCal and Address Book?

There are a number of solutions, with varying capabilities.

I've used Salling MediaSync, which will only do music, photos and video. It worked fine, though I only used it once and haven't re-synced since.

The Missing Sync my Mark/Space advertises doing all you asked about. I have never used it.

Finally, DoubleTwist AirSync is probably the most talked about app, largely due to its somewhat infamous author. I originally tried to use it, but it was rather incomplete at the time. But that was a long time ago.

Thanks both. Decisions, decisions. Droid X or Iphone. Besides being able to sync the device to my Mac, the ability to use the internet is key. I have been to the Verizon store to playing with the X. Such a nice screen!!! (I usually access this size for comparison). Guess I will wait until I can compare both side by side.

Thanks again.

Archived