IGNORED

Computor chip and new exhaust

Whip

I am not aware of any computer chip available yet for the RT/ST engine. On my ST, I have added a full Remus system, Head pipes and can, added about 4-5 RWHP. Very happy with the pipe.

ShovelStrokeEd

Out of curiosity, what was the RWHP before installing the pipe and then after? Also where in the power band? Got some dyno charts? That's a pretty big gain considering without a chip it's not burning any more fuel. Magic!

IMHO, San Jose BMW seems to be about the only place that does dyno comparisons and posts them on the web. Might be a good idea to call/email and see if they are testing some performance parts for the Hexheads.

If you just want your bike to make more noise, shame on you!

I'm quite happy with my 1200RT as is

What will a chip and new exhaust do for the R1200RT?
Hummm...

Increase air pollution.

Increase noise pollution.

Bother your neighbors.

Decrease fuel mileage.

Increase Horsepower. Maybe. At $1000 per 1 HP increase.

Void the warranty.

Empty your pocketbook.

Did I miss any thing?

On the R1200GS and on two diff bikes before and after with a FULL REMUS appx a 8 RWHP increase with a smoother torque curve, one on Chris's (San Jose BMW) and on the Power Commander dyno while doing research at SJBMW. My ST, 98.5 RWHP stock on the Power Commander dyno and appx 104 on the other dyno. Note both runs on diff dynos for the ST are not actually comparable, but somewhat indicative, also parallels the somewhat subjective Butt Dyno.

The R1200GS runs are comparable and accurately show an increase.

Does not void the warrenty nor cause a decrease in fuel milage. The power band on the ST is very strong and noticeable 6 K to the rev limiter also stronger throught the power band.

My ST on the Dynojet (Power Commander)dyno at San Jose BMW

21315611-M.jpg

ShovelStrokeEd

Impressive. I didn't notice the full Rhemus part the first time. The head pipes make all the difference. It is what makes an 1100S 10 HP more than an RT. Do you happen to have the curves available? I'd love to see the overlapped curves, torque more important than HP.

Ed, I don't have them because they were on Dyno Jets lap top and I did not get a copy.

Don't know what a full set costs, but San Jose BMW has sold the most ST's of any dealer in the US and as a result has sold a lot of Remus sets, if you tell them that I sent you, they will cut you a deal.

ShovelStrokeEd

Naw, I'll believe him. Hanging around with Chris must be fun. He do get some cwazy idea's now and then. How's the blown 1100S project coming, Dean? I had one of those blowers on a little 4 cylinder Z3. Actually a larger version but, the thing would pull red line in 5th gear (about 140 mph) and just kill a 2.8 liter car in acceleration. When I could get traction (2nd gear onward) it would run away and hide from 5.0 Mustang GTs. Won quite a bit of money with it.

Archived