IGNORED

City case lids

Kannon

Does anyone know if city case lids are available for the R1200RT bags? If they arn't available yet do you know if there is a plan to produce them? I really liked 'em on my 1150RT, would love to have a set for the 1200. My dealer has no idea if there is a plan to offer them.

Thanks

I'm with you on this. I want city lids too, I could leave the panniers on all the time then and have no problems getting the bike in and out of the garage.

I really loved on my R1100RT.

A related question - are alternative panniers available for the R12RT? The stock ones are just not the right shape to hold a briefcase or large portfolio. Any thoughts?

--Tom--

ShovelStrokeEd

Doubt you'll see city lids. BMW most likely thinks they have covered all the bases with the expandable luggage. In terms of riding, I don't see the luggage as a problem. It will go anywhere your hands will.

Does anyone know if city case lids are available for the R1200RT bags?

Thanks

I don't know about genuine ones, but Doken International of Japan produces aftermarket city lids. They claim they will shorten total width by 15cm.

Click on "1" next to R1150RT in the link below, click on the lid picture to take a closer look.

I'm afraid the contents are all in Japanese. eek.gif Available in all geniune colors and unpainted black.

http://www.datz-bmw.co.jp/shop/rt/index.html

Doubt you'll see city lids. BMW most likely thinks they have covered all the bases with the expandable luggage. In terms of riding, I don't see the luggage as a problem. It will go anywhere your hands will.

Ed, they are about an inch or so wider then the mirrors!, I hope city lids are delveloped sometime thumbsup.gif

Steve Carter

I'm with you on this. I want city lids too, I could leave the panniers on all the time then and have no problems getting the bike in and out of the garage.

I really loved on my R1100RT.

Come on Gaz, if you tidied up your garage you’d have plenty of room grin.gif

hope things are well for you thumbsup.gif

Steve Carter

Thanks for the info and link - they look good. I've no idea how much they cost though grin.gif

Whoops. I should've mentioned.... blush.gif

Unpained - $186* ea**

Painted -- $250* ea**

*Based on today's exchage rate - 118yen for your buck.

**Right&Left sold separately.

tickle_my_tummy

Thanks Kiku - although I was really pulling your leg about the prices shown in Yen. I'm hoping they'll bring them out over here as I find them really practical on a day to day basis. If not - I'll order from Japan (with your help if that's okay) thumbsup.gif.

Well Gaz, I don’t know if you have seen my attempts at making a leather bag to fit on to the city lids to my old RT, heres a pic.

386607-DCP_1360.JPG

I made these to fit onto the city lids of the 150RT

I would like to design something similar for the 12RT. I have made a couple of prototypes but so far T haven’t liked the result, maybe this weekend I will give it another try.

Steve

I made these to fit onto the city lids of the 150RT

I would like to design something similar for the 12RT. I have made a couple of prototypes but so far T haven’t liked the result, maybe this weekend I will give it another try.

Interesting.. Keep us posted, I'd I'd be interested in a slimer set of lids for the RT..

Craig

Archived