IGNORED

flashing abs lights

rabbibgr

A friends bike was determined by the dealer to have an abs problem, a faulty hydraulic cylinder. If the abs light is flashing, does it mean that the bike will operate as if there is no abs, meaning the brakes will function as conventional brakes with no additional problems. Is it safe to operate that way ?

It was my understanding that the ABS light is flashing, when parked with the switch on. When starting to move mine stops flashing.

I hope thats the right way grin.gif or else I don't either have ABS confused.gif

It was my understanding that the ABS light is flashing, when parked with the switch on. When starting to move mine stops flashing.

I hope thats the right way grin.gif or else I don't either have ABS confused.gif

Your bike is working correctly.

ABS and corresponding warning light behavior is completely different between R1100 and R1150 bikes.

Joe Frickin' Friday
A friends bike was determined by the dealer to have an abs problem, a faulty hydraulic cylinder. If the abs light is flashing, does it mean that the bike will operate as if there is no abs, meaning the brakes will function as conventional brakes with no additional problems. Is it safe to operate that way ?

What kind of bike does your friend have? As Paul noted, the behavior is different if you have servo-assisted or non-servo-assisted brakes.

Archived