IGNORED

I Love Cats

David13

Ah baloney. She's at a wildlife park, or they're someone's pets, or something like that. I'll defer to the wildlife biologsts in the group (I'm a fish biologist), but cheetahs are generally solitary, and it's uncommon to find a group of more than two or three. I've seen them in the wild, and as I understand it, they are highly elusive when it comes to people.

Reminds me of that bear guy that got himself eaten a few years ago. Linky

having said that, they ARE fantastic and fascinating animals!

ShovelStrokeEd

Lovely animals and a strapping lass but she is nuts turning her back and stepping away from an animal that makes its living by chasing things down and killing them. One day that will not end well.

[C]heetahs are generally solitary, and it's uncommon to find a group of more than two or three. I've seen them in the wild, and as I understand it, they are highly elusive when it comes to people.

Reminds me of that bear guy that got himself eaten a few years ago. Linky

having said that, they ARE fantastic and fascinating animals!

I agree on all counts. I'm not a scientist, but I have never heard of a group like this in the wild. Nonetheless, I don't think I'd mess around with them; even experienced handlers have been surprised by big cats more than once.

And the bear guy . . . yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me that it's never a good idea to treat a predator at the top of the food chain like a household pet.

This was Lorenzo's assessment:

"I don't think she's looking for any sympathy of any kind and I've seen no "poor me / Help me" attitude on her.

Instead, I see a young talent riding bike with no helmet in the savannah or similar, plays with big cats, and taking care of some dangerous lions in the need (at least, this is what I understood reading a couple of lines on her).

I think - but I can't tell for sure - she is the one who is looking at us, in our miserable life of commuting, playing with our "weapons" and not able to kill a mosquito in the night who eats us as much as it wants, with some kind of sympathy.

Basically she lives the life she wants, rides free and fully enjoy it. Her life will be shorter than ours...? Nobody can tell, but I don't think she cares a lot about it knowing it's all about how you really live your life."

dc

Speaking of CATS, what happened to the guy that was going to spend a month in his lion enclosure? Is his 15 minutes of allotted air time gone?

Speaking of CATS, what happened to the guy that was going to spend a month in his lion enclosure? Is his 15 minutes of allotted air time gone?

After reading Davids impassioned post, I have 'BORN FREE' ringing in my head.

• 1 year later...

Actually young lady, there are more cats as pets in the usa than dogs.

I think it comical there would be full grown adults what were afraid of cats, but ...

I know people who are too afraid to ride a motorcycle, or too afraid to ride a bicycle, or too afraid to ride a motorcycle or bicycle in Los Angeles county, or travel to Mexico, or ...

dc

Archived