IGNORED

Owners Manual R12RT

FIRST_BEEMER

The dealer is the only reliable source, cost about $24 US.

You will need a part # (get it from the dealer parts guy) I only have the number for the ST. crazy.gif

The factory manual on CD is $125.00. BMW calls it RepROM R-Modelle K2x. It covers all hexheads including the R1200RT. Lots of good photos along with detailed procedures. It is written for trained techs. A beginning wrencher could have some problems.

I got mine from my dealer, Irv Seaver BMW.

I`m looking for a factory manual (english) for my 2005 R1200RT. Any known suppliers other than the Stealer. dopeslap.gif

Are you talking about the owners manual, or the repair manual?

If it's the repair manual, order it from MotoBins over in the good ol UK here. The item you are looking for is product code 01739 which covers the R1200RT/ST/GS. It costs 34 british pounds ($60). I just got one and it's excellent.

While you're at it, grab an oil filter wrench for 7 pounds ($12). It's product code 99205.

Everything will arrive in about a week. thumbsup.gif

Yes the repair manual. Sorry for the mixup.

Thanks for the info. thumbsup.gif The stealer wants 125.00 for the manual and 42.00 for the filter wrench. eek.gif Yeah right.

If it's the repair manual, order it from MotoBins over in the good ol UK here. The item you are looking for is product code 01739 which covers the R1200RT/ST/GS. It costs 34 british pounds ($60). I just got one and it's excellent.

Is the MotoBins CD an official BMW one or a copy?

Also,

While you're at it, grab an oil filter wrench for 7 pounds ($12). It's product code 99205.

Are the BMW filter such an odd size that a Honda m/c or a small one sold at an auto store wouldn't work?

Thanks,

Rich (1st time BMW owner)

The CD-ROM from Moto-Bins is the offical one - not a copy.

I think you do need a special oil filter wrench for new BMWs, but you don't need to buy the expensive one sold by BMW Motorrad. At $12 the one from Moto-Bins sounds like a good deal.

Brian

The CD-ROM from Moto-Bins is the offical one - not a copy.

I noticed it is from Nov 2004. Is there a later version or (hopefully free) updates from BMW, if necessary?

Thanks,

Rich

I noticed it is from Nov 2004. Is there a later version or (hopefully free) updates from BMW, if necessary?

I just got mine a week ago and it's dated 11/2004. I don't believe they update it on a regular basis nor do you get free updates.

Archived