IGNORED

Peugeot Griffon 175

kmac

Evening Folks,

I am not sure where this fits in the forums, but since it is about a motorcycle, and Im talking about it, I figured it fit here...

I have just ran into an opportunity to purchase or help someone else purchase if I can't, an early to mid 1950s I believe Peugeot Griffon 175cc bike. It is really cool. Very traditional look to like many bikes of the era. Chrome tank painted on top to match the frame and fenders. M shaped bars. Steering tension dampener adjusting nut on the top clamp. Very cool rotating choke on the carb. Flip up or removable rear half of the rear fender for rear tire removal access. Big flare at the bottom of the front fender. Big spring saddle seat. Cool rear verticle shock/spring rear suspension.

Any way, I can not find ANY info on this bike. Does anyone here know anything about it? What is it worth is the unrestored but also unmolested, complete condition? What could it be worth if restored? And most importantly, can parts be found for it like gaskets, rubbers, seals...and if so, WHERE?

I can not even find much in the way of pictures on this thing.

HELP...I know one of you long time bike gurus know of this bike. PAUL?

Paul Mihalka

"HELP...I know one of you long time bike gurus know of this bike. PAUL?"

Sorry. I know Peugeot made motorcycles, but never had anything to do with them or know about them.

Morning Chris,

That is the exact bike. Even the white footpeg and tank pads.

Where did you find that pic? The one I am looking at is not that clean, but it is complete and could be that clean if I could find the rubber pieces the tid bits that go bad from sitting so long.

Do you have any parts links? websites?

Chris thanx for that pic even.

I found it by Googling Peugeot 175 TC-4. There's a few links out there, but most everything is in French. Couldn't really get a sense of model history, value or parts availability, sorry.

Mr. Olson,

I really appreciate your efforts and what you did find. I knew this site would have some knowledge on the bike.

Great resource here.

Thanx all

Kelly

I found it by Googling Peugeot 175 TC-4. There's a few links out there, but most everything is in French. Couldn't really get a sense of model history, value or parts availability, sorry.

Try the Google Chrome browser, which will offer to translate; it's not perfect, but better (and much faster) than my rusty French.

Original:

La Peugeot a été achetée dans les années 70-75 par mon père aux ventes des Domaines à Lille (Nord-59). Elle était en dotation dans l´armée. De l´achat à la restauration, mes cousins, mon frere et moi même avons appri à rouler en moto dans les champs. C´était tellement sympa, que même si la moto n´a pas une valeur marchande importante, sa valeur à mes yeux equivaut à de l´or. C´est en 1995 que nous avons entrepris sa restauration:Changement des cahoutchoucs, révision du moteur et surtout peinture. Pour la rendre plus passe partout, nous avons décidé de la repeindre avec des couleurs civiles. Nous avons opté pour une peinture bicolore marron et beige qui est des plus beaux effets (un peu look Honda-Shaddow). Elle fonctionne trés bien, bien qu´il faille toujours rester méfiant devant les vieilles mécaniques.

Google translation:

The Peugeot was purchased in the years 70-75 by my father in the fields of sales in Lille (Nord-59). It was supplied in the army. From buying to restore, my cousins, my brother and I have to ride a motorcycle APPRI fields. It was so nice, that even if the bike does not have a substantial market value, its value to me is equivalent to gold. In 1995 we undertook its restoration: Changing RUBBER, engine overhaul and especially painting. To make it go anywhere, we decided to repaint with colors civilians. We opted for a two-tone brown and beige paint is the most beautiful effects (just look Shaddows-Honda). It works very well, although it should always be wary of the old mechanics.

Chris and Seldon,

Thank you both for your help.

Chris adding the Tc4 to the search has brought up tons of stuff. And Seldon, the google translator has really helped to understand bits of it.

I am still having trouble locating parts if anyone has advice that would also be appreciated.

Again this place is great.

That seems quite good, lots better than what I've seen previously on "translated" pages . I might have to try them again.

That seems quite good, lots better than what I've seen previously on "translated" pages . I might have to try them again.

Google Translate is based in part on probability analysis from large bodies of text, so as they crawl more and more content, the translations should get better. And, of course, the more closely related a pair of languages, the better the result is likely to be. Japanese to English is still pretty flaky.

Archived