IGNORED

Quick Disconnects on R1100RT?

Michaelr11

Too cold in the garage to strip off the plastic right now and I never had to look before. Does the R1100RT (mine's a 2001) have fuel line quick disconnects?

I have to remove the gas tank to get access to the ABS module and if it doesn't already have them I would order a set from Beemer Boneyard and install them. My ABS module just went into the "Piston Fault" mode, fault code number 16, and I'm going to put on a replacement and them try to dis-assemble and clean up the pistons to see if the original can be repaired.

The 1100 does not have QDs. Only the return line will flow fuel and the tank fixing bolt is a perfect fit for a stopper.

Andy

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Michael

Although it didn't work to fix my faults, the ABS pistons can be pulled while on the bike. You just have to create and maintain a clean area.

I only take off the tank when this is necessary, like changing the fuel filter or so.

Otherwise, I park the bike near a wall, on the R/H side and put a old cloth on the right side cylinder and support the tank on the cyl and on the wall. Of course, there's a rug on the top of the tank too so that it doesn't scratch. It worked just fine so far for me ;)

Dan.

John Dickens

Not fitted as standard but I've retro fitted them to mine.

Very useful when you are servicing the fuel filter and handy if you need to drain out a little fuel.

Archived