IGNORED

New GS does small backfire on deceleration??

jimswms

Hmm. well, mine makes what sounds like a bit of backfire when slowing down to stop. I noticed however that is not as bad when the windshield is on the lowest position. Does the stock windshield create some back pressure causing odd noises? Does your GS do this?

thanks,

Jim

Jim, backfires during deceleration is pretty common on boxers. I can't see the windshield having any effect other than changing the amount of ambient noise which may mask the backfiring.

I've got that too, momentarily, with engine braking. It seems louder with the side cases on. Makes an echo chamber, I guess. I'm anticipating that its a TADT undocumented feature since it occurred before and after my break-in service.

yep. mine is/was before and after 600 mile service.. My R850 sounded like it was backfiring when engine braking too, in a similar way. When I switched windshields it went away..

My new 2400 mile, GS has done it all along. It only happend when slowing at neutral throttle. No big deal, and sounds kinda cool! grin.gif I like this "feature"!

Jim cool.gif

I'm currently riding an '04 R1200C on loan from my dealer. It definitely has that "gurgle/backfire" thing going on when engine braking. I hafta' admit it sounds cool - in a primitive sort of way.

Archived