IGNORED

Wire wheels on a 1999 R1100RT?????

braindonor

I'd like to install wire wheels on my "99" R110RT. What wire wheels will fit?

another option would be mags but I want to go to a wider rear wheel.

Any Help is appreciated.

GS/GSA wheels maybe? wrong size front but wire wheels. you could use GS/GSA hubs maybe and have them laced with som other rim rings. There are alot of places that will make spokes in any length and diameter pretty cheaply.

As too wider, are you limited by swing arm clearance?

IF my memory recalls correctly the CHP had some of their bikes changed to the spoked wheels. I am not sure how or what size but they must be out there.

As too wider, are you limited by swing arm clearance?

Single sided swingarm. Just offset the rim when you have it laced and ride with your left ass-cheek hanging off the seat.

You may want to call A&S BMW here in Roseville California. They have done a ton of the CHP stuff from the beginning of the BMW swtich. They still do alot with the CHP, you may want to try them if they have any or atleast can help you out on the part numbers.

Wheels are stock items.

Front is 36312330977 at about $1100

These wheels are from R1100R, R850R, R1100RT, and R850RT

Rear is 36312314932 at about $1100

These wheels are from R1100GS, R850GS, R1100R, R850R, R1100RT, and R850RT

Andy

Yes, (certainly in the UK), and quite a nice tool too. Lovely engine, but for some a little underpowered. However for the way most road conditions allow, it was well up to the task.

A certain snob metality made this bike destined for rareity.

Andy

As far as I know, r850rt were made after 2000. They have the round diagnosis plug, like 1150's.

And the headlight is from the 1150 too. A friend of mine has one.

I think the chrome rims from an R1200C may fit an RT.

Yep, see my post above.

I didn't see the 1200C in your list. Are they the same part number as the GS spoked rims? The GS rims are brushed aluminum and the 12C rims are chrome plated. I know I put my rear chrome on the old RT once and it looked pretty darned good there. Don't know how the front would do with the brakes and all, but it just might work and look good doing it.

Sorry Cruisin, I got into keyboard run-away, I listed the 1200CL as being the same as the RT for another item on another post.

So, please accept my appology.

All I can say is that it is the same size and diameter but that is about all I know.

Sorry

Andy

I was looking at the A&S BMW site Micro Phish and it listed wire wheels in the RT MP as an option but they are 17" rear and 18" front...very odd right?

But the hubs are available and you could have any size and style rim you want laced on the hubs. You could do a cool Akront style aluminum ring with a lip like the old British bikes or chrome smooth pretty rings, you can get chrome spokes or stainless Steel spokes heck you might even be able to get some of those twisted or fancy diamond cut spokes like they run on Harleys,

you can get chrome spokes or stainless Steel spokes heck you might even be able to get some of those twisted or fancy diamond cut spokes like they run on Harleys,

I was thinking gold plated twist...bling bling....yo! :grin:

Sorry Cruisin, I got into keyboard run-away, I listed the 1200CL as being the same as the RT for another item on another post.

So, please accept my appology.

All I can say is that it is the same size and diameter but that is about all I know.

Sorry

Andy

no need to apologise; typos and information overload seems to be a common occurance these days. :wave:

As for CLC rims fitting an RT; I have no idea on that, but the Cs have a 15" rear that will bolt up and an 18" front wheel that I have yet to try on the RT. It might be an interesting project though while I am changing front fork seals on the C soon. If I get motivated enough to try it, I will put a pic and seat of the pants discussion.

Archived