IGNORED

Emergncy Flashers

RoyTemple

I just tried hitting the left and right turn signal switches on my R1200RT and sure enough, the emergency flashers came on. However, I could not turn them off with the turn signal canceling switch. The only way I could do it was to press the red emergency flasher switch on the top of the left handlebar. Is there another way to turn them off? ooo.gif

Well actually, shutting off the ignition works also but I was hoping there was something where I would not have to remove my hands from the bars.

Oh well dopeslap.gif

I am away from my bike so I can't try it. I am not sure but I thought if you clicked on either turn indicator it would cancel your emergency flashers.

I am away from my bike so I can't try it. I am not sure but I thought if you clicked on either turn indicator it would cancel your emergency flashers.

That doesn't work in my 12GS. The only way to turn them off is the emergency flasher button.

Jim cool.gif

It was a mid-year change on the CAN-BUS bikes. Turn them off the same way you turned them on, or use the cancel switch. The flasher button is gone all together for '06.

I just tried hitting the left and right turn signal switches on my R1200RT and sure enough, the emergency flashers came on. However, I could not turn them off with the turn signal canceling switch. The only way I could do it was to press the red emergency flasher switch on the top of the left handlebar. Is there another way to turn them off? ooo.gif

Hmm.. on my '06 the turn-signal cancel switch also shuts off the emergency flashers. However, it also works to press the left and right turn signals simultaneously, as you do to actuate the emergency flasher in the first place.

Archived