IGNORED

2010/2011 Michigan and Los Angeles Police Motorcycle Evaluations

Tapatio

Man that concours is a dog off the line but it sure comes on in the middle to top speed.

And the HD are big dogs after 30mph.

seems like the RTP is the most consistant

Interesting. They list the top speed of the R1200RT-P as 127 mph, but I have had my civilian RT up to a GPS-indicated 130 mph before I ran out of straightaway at the track. I think it could have gone 3-5 mph faster given more time to wind out. Maybe the police versions have different gearing or are not as aerodynamic.

Jay

Interesting. They list the top speed of the R1200RT-P as 127 mph, but I have had my civilian RT up to a GPS-indicated 130 mph before I ran out of straightaway at the track. I think it could have gone 3-5 mph faster given more time to wind out. Maybe the police versions have different gearing or are not as aerodynamic.

Jay

Police versions are heavier, could be the reason.

Police version are also more sleek with the rear tail piece, i have hit over 130 on my RT with the rear and side boxes on it.

I have hit over 110 mph with my daughter on the back...i think my 16 YO is heavier than red lights and a radio...especially since my bike has the stereo and speakers....

I read on another thread that they have a speed limiter on LEO bikes....but i am always wrong apparently.

Police version are also more sleek with the rear tail piece, i have hit over 130 on my RT with the rear and side boxes on it.

I have hit over 110 mph with my daughter on the back...i think my 16 YO is heavier than red lights and a radio...especially since my bike has the stereo and speakers....

I read on another thread that they have a speed limiter on LEO bikes....but i am always wrong apparently.

Do you have a large funnel hanging out in the breeze?

Read this earlier.

Concours 2 foot shorter stopping distance.

Accel data off because the C was told to keep under 8k rpm's.

It has a higher top end and better accel.

But, the most important part of the test, IMO, was the urban route.

There the RT spanked the C big time.

[

Do you have a large funnel hanging out in the breeze?

I told you guys i would be wrong.....

But yes i do have a big bell out in the wing

A} my big fat head

B} full size side case lids instead of the narrow city lids

C} I always ride with my top box even when it is empty

D} a large rear back rest for my daughter or wife.

I think those add up to as much as a 8" bell/funnel....Im sure fault will be found with me and my reasoning as usual

I have heard that my 1998 R1100RT has a RS rear end on it making it faster off the line and a few MPH slower top speed. Don't know if it is true or not, a CHP at some MOA rally many years ago told me this.

Jay

Most police versions have different gear ratios that cause the speed differences, and some have the speed purposefully limited to compensate for the police equipment installed. ie: crash guards, lights, siren speaker, etc.... a lot of that equipment interrupts the aerodynamics of the original design.

Those numbers are bogus. For some unexplained reason the testers were told NOT to rev the concourse past 7000rpm. The variable valve timing kicks the cam timing all in at and above this rev range. 138 rear wheel H.P.= 0 to 60 times of 3.sec. Also the big Kawi will top end out at 175mph.DO NOT try to outrun one!!

Archived