IGNORED

Remember Pearl Harbor!

Matts_12GS

Joe Frickin' Friday

Nice timing. I was just reading this article, in which they mention that of the 223 sailors who survived the sinking of the Arizona, only 20 are still alive today, with only five of them healthy enough to travel.

In my eyes, WW2 was and is the war that matters. Doing further study and research into WW2 has given me an education that is as valuable as any degree from a university.

Looking at all the facts, statistics, agreements, and outcome is amazingly similar to many things I see in life today. How Germany and Russia were partners. Then Germany invaded Russia defaulting their agreement.

Other interesting notes were that the 2 bombs dropped on Japan were originally designated for Germany, but Germany had by the time of completion of the bomb, surrendered.

The youngest US serviceman was 12 year old Calvin Graham, USN. He was wounded in combat and given a Dishonorable Discharge for lying about his age. (His benefits were later restored by act of Congress).

My son interviewed Mr. Gerhard Jensch, a local resident that was aboard the USS California during the attack, for his 10th Grade World Affairs class. He provided a perspective that I felt was important for my kids to experience and appreciate.

Mr. Jensch is seen approx. half way down the page, not my son's interview but the same message. http://www.kitsapsun.com/pearl-harbor/

My son interviewed Mr. Gerhard Jensch, a local resident that was aboard the USS California during the attack, for his 10th Grade World Affairs class. He provided a perspective that I felt was important for my kids to experience and appreciate.

Mr. Jensch is seen approx. half way down the page, not my son's interview but the same message. http://www.kitsapsun.com/pearl-harbor/

That is quite cool!

As a minor hijack... My brother got to do a similar type of interview as a young sailor. He interviewed Ens George Gay for the 35th anniversary of the battle. Neat stuff for sure

Archived