IGNORED

pinlock anti-fog faceshields

woodscrew

I'm trying to get a response from Pinlock USA- the new importer for the anti-fog inserts available on Shoei helmets ( and Nolan?). No luck via phone or e-mail. No dealer locator on the website.The questions are- will pinlock fit other helmets(like my HJC Symax) and is there a USA dealer? I see these are available in the UK and Europe as kits, I gather for installation by the buyer. Does anyone out there know? I am currently using Fog City inserts which I like but they are pretty much permanent and tough to see with at night.Also easily scratched.But they never fog up.

sorry for the slight hijack, but I have a pinlock for my Nolan and it fogs all the time. I was ready to throw it away eek.gif. How do you not get fog????

Joe

I use pinlock on a Shoei and works perfect to eliminate fogging, however I don't care for the lines that I can see. I wish that the insert was a little bigger and followed closer the contour of the shield. Pinlock is VERY soft so make sure you don't rub on it. It will scratch.

Mark

sorry for the slight hijack, but I have a pinlock for my Nolan and it fogs all the time. I was ready to throw it away eek.gif. How do you not get fog????

Joe

First, and may be stupid, question: Do you have the fog-free insert installed on the inside of the pin-lock shield? If yes, once the insert is in, adjust the pins as tight as possible by turning with a screwdriver. The insert has to be tight and snug against the outside shield to do it's work. My Nolan pinlock shield with insert works perfectly. I had the inside bottom unprotected part of the shield dripping, but the insert was clear.

Yea, I got it on the inside. (for some reason that question made me think of the lady driving with her helmet on backwards grin.gif)

When i installed the insert i took the face shield off and spread it flat for installation. I never did put a screwdriver to it eek.gif. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Joe

The questions are- will pinlock fit other helmets(like my HJC Symax)
Yes you can drill other brand face shields if it will physically fit inside of them.

But personally my experience with one was less than stellar on a HJC CL-14. Looking through the two layers drove me batty for some reason.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Also, make sure that both surfaces are really clean before you put the insert in.

I rode for a while without it, then when I put it in I wondered what I was thinking before!? It's GREAT!

Archived