IGNORED

Bomb in rectum over a year ago

Agent_Orange

Dave McReynolds

He spent 30 hours in the close company of the prince's own secret service agents - all without anyone suspecting a thing.

How did he do it?

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

30 hours without taking a dump, with a rectum full of high explosives? That's focused attention, if nothing else.

CoarsegoldKid

"Absolutely nothing other than to require people to strip naked at the airport," said Yates."

and get a rectal exam.

Good news and bad news says the TSA examiner as he lifts his head slowly away from the eyepieces. The good news is you don't have a bomb stuck up your backside. The bad news is you have polyps in your transverse colon.

This is not new. As usual, the efforts of TSA seem to be a day late and a dollar short.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/28/eveningnews/main5347847.shtml

Someone told me that the ultimate resolution of individual security checks at airports should be some sort of box they have you walk into - that is blast-proof. The box is then bombarded with radio signals and and anything else needed to detonate an IED, either internal or external.

The only problem is making sure that there are some spares to use when a device was "detected" and to have the boxes compatible with the airport's fleet of refuse trucks.

This suits everyones' purposes, I think. The bad guy gets to be a martyr and get to paradise sooner w/o even leaving the ground very far - and the rest of us don't have to worry much about individuals carrying hidden IEDs on their person aboard commercial aircraft.

I see some technical problems with making sure that the active component of this technology would detonate the various types of explosive devices, but other than that it seems like an effective methodology that is devoid of any of the dreaded effects of profiling, or other characteristics based screening.

Joe Frickin' Friday

It's interesting to note that hiding items in bodily orifices presents an opportunity to construct explosive devices of arbitrarily large size; all that is needed is for multiple persons to each conceal a modest quantity prior to boarding. Once on board, each person heads to the lavatory to extract their individual portion, then returns to the cabin to pass it off to one individual who would aggregate all of the smaller portions into one large bomb.

Ten terrorists, 1/4-pound of explosive each, presto, now there's a 2.5-pound bomb on board. Properly placed, I'd guess this is big enough to wreck a jetliner.

Dave McReynolds

Ten terrorists, 1/4-pound of explosive each, presto, now there's a 2.5-pound bomb on board. Properly placed, I'd guess this is big enough to wreck a jetliner.

Or, with proper recruitment, maybe individual terrorists could be trained to carry the entire 2.5 pound load. There was an article in the local paper about a local high school who managed to put together a football line averaging about 250 pounds; they are apparently the terror (npi) of the local high school football conference. If high school football players can be bulked up to 250 pounds of muscle, I'm sure terrorists can be trained to carry more than 1/4 pound of explosives in their rectums.

"You ever taken a dump so big your pants fit better?"

Ron White.

Now thats a dump, 2.5 pounds of grade A plastics

Im confused as to why they dont use more dogs that can sniff out drugs and explosives. I see dogs on the border crossings all the time, but i personally have never seen a dog in the airport.

Dogs can sniff out anything that they are trained to sniff out. Put your bag on the xray machine, walk thru a metal detector, then past a dog that sniffs you out and off you go....im confussed as to why that is so hard?

It's interesting to note that hiding items in bodily orifices presents an opportunity to construct explosive devices of arbitrarily large size; all that is needed is for multiple persons to each conceal a modest quantity prior to boarding. Once on board, each person heads to the lavatory to extract their individual portion, then returns to the cabin to pass it off to one individual who would aggregate all of the smaller portions into one large bomb.

You been thinking about this for how long?? :)

Joe Frickin' Friday

This is what engineers do, i.e. think about ways to overcome technical limitations/obstacles and make optimal use of available resource to accomplish a stated goal.

This is what engineers do, i.e. think about ways to overcome technical limitations/obstacles and make optimal use of available resource to accomplish a stated goal.

:)

How about surgically inserting the bomb. One could carry at least 10 LBS of explosive in their abdominal cavity, and trigger it with a simple magnet. Small incision near appendix, who would think.

This is not over.

Rod

Archived