IGNORED

heel-toe shifter for R1200RT

I812

I, too, would like to have a rocker shift lever. It just seems to make sense to eliminate the need to hook my foot under the lever to up-shift. My Ducati and other Italian bikes had a simple rocker back in the '50s. But, haven't seen something like it recently.

Have thought of looking into fabricating one, but haven't gotten around to it. The lever design that disappears behind the silver foot rest holder adds complication, although a design should be possible.

My disabled, wheelchair bound, friends used a power device to actuate the shifter. Pneumatic or electric I forget. But they worked out a system that all owed riding Beemers with sidecars.

Maybe check with Lowell Kneff in Arizona. He may still be building /2 conversions and be of some help. All the rest of them have passed away by now I think.

There is always the newer MANA from Aprila. Clutchless and paddle shift on the handlebars.

While not a heel-toe solution, I added a lip to the edge of my boot that makes it easy to up shift. You can engage the shifter without having to get you entire foot under the lever. It is easy enough to do to see if it is a solution to your situation.

Let me know if you need more detail.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Archived