IGNORED

PO Seat modifications? (R850 R)

313_Matt

I am beginning to suspect that a PO (prior owner) made some seat modifications to the front seat of my R850 R.

The rear seat is as I would expect it: a firm, filled seat cover and comfortable to sit on. The front seat cover does not seem properly filled. There seems to be some cushion material under the seat cover, but not near as much as on the back seat. I seem to sink into it and have more contact with the seat pan than I would expect.

Is it common on other R850 R's and R1100 Rs to have the seat cover 'loose' over the spot your butt goes?

Could a PO have taken the seat cover off, hacked away at the foam and stapled the thing back on? (I imagine the intent would have been to provide a lower seating position so that reaching the ground would be easier.) Is this something anyone else has ran into?

For reference, I am 5'9", and 165 - probably 175 in riding gear. The bike only has 12k on it. I have moved the seat to the center position, and it still seems really low. I can easily put both heels on the ground at stoplights, and my legs are tucked under me pretty tight when I ride.

Thanks in advance.

313-Matt

ps - The guy (PO) that I bought the bike from was short - something like 5'5".

Archived