IGNORED

autocom

ogjimbob

Hi I've just bought an autocom pack 6 and want to fit it to my 97 r1100rt, any tips? also I have fitted the headset to my roof diversion helmet I had to take some of the eps lining out to make room for the speakers but I have some difficulty in seeing how to fix the leads in place, has anyone tried this with a roof helmet before?

Francois, excellent pictures. Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Your pictures are definitely helpful. I just order the Active-7 system yesterday and after looking at your pictures, I definitely feel comfortable installing it. Thanks. thumbsup.gif

how to fix the leads in place
Hot glue gun.

Victory BMW had an Oktoberfest/Open House a few weeks ago, the Autocom rep was there and he installed the headset in my Arai for me. He recommends and used a product called "cosmolon" (sp?). It's like adhesive-backed Velcro but has a more durable adhesive. Victory stocks it. Maybe your dealer does too.

Francois_Dumas
Francois, excellent pictures. Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Your pictures are definitely helpful. I just order the Active-7 system yesterday and after looking at your pictures, I definitely feel comfortable installing it. Thanks. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, glad they help. And the good thing to know is: I have TWO left hands when it comes to 'electrickery'.... and managed to get it all working anyway.. also thanks to the help of 'Boffin' !!

Kind regards,

Francois

nice pictures! thanks to all for the input I think I have it done although it did involve a certain amount of trimming of EPS to fit the speakers, the hot glue worked a treat and as for any who were wondering about what a Roof helmet is..http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/roof-helmet/roof-lemans/

Archived