IGNORED

Motorcycle or Car??

flat_twin

Not new at all. They have been building those for 10 years at least.

They are expensive and i dont like the thing she said...you dont feel the sensation of speed...? that is one reason i ride, i love the feel of speed.

I think it would be nice if you rode in inclement weather alot, but i like the wind in my face too much for that thing. If it has seat belts and roll over protection then you likely wont have to wear a helmet...so car....but it leans in turns and has 2 wheels while riding so motorcycle by definition...but it does technically have 4 wheels so car..? what is law on retracting wheels? By law a motorcycle is defined as any vehicle with 3 or less wheels by Ca. DMV Codes anyway

AT LAST! Somebody has had the fortitude to combine the disadvantages of cars and motorcycles while retaining none of the good points of either.

Lack of carrying capacity: Check!

Lack of manoeuvrability: Check!

Lack of visibility: Check!

Death of a million perspex cuts crush chamber: Check!

Of course if one wishes to travel to Ork these things would be a must, but otherwise I'm seeing no good points whatsoever.

Survived-til-now
Curious new creation I hadn't heard about. If it's been discussed before, please disregard.

http://www.wimp.com/ecomobiletests/

The clue to the fact that this is not actually very new is the rather youthful Jeremy Clarkson doing the interview..... :grin:

I guess the concept was eventually turned into the BMW C3 (was that the right number???)

I have seen these things kicking around the web some time now. My only question is, do the out rigger wheels deploy automatically? And if so, wonder how fast. I would like to see a panic stop on one of those and see what happens.

Sorry, I should have done some homework on this before posting. It is indeed very old news. ON the bright side, it was very cool to see they used many K bike components.

AT LAST! Somebody has had the fortitude to combine the disadvantages of cars and motorcycles while retaining none of the good points of either.

Lack of carrying capacity: Check!

Lack of manoeuvrability: Check!

Lack of visibility: Check!

Death of a million perspex cuts crush chamber: Check!

Of course if one wishes to travel to Ork these things would be a must, but otherwise I'm seeing no good points whatsoever.

I feel the Can Am Spyder has the same points(except the visibility one), but in return you get the lack of weather protection. I don't get that one either.

The Spyder mystifies me no end, the only place they make any sense at all to my mind is a disabled person who doesn't want to give away the feeling of a motorcycle altogether.

Kmac:

We don't care if you are embarrassed by your comparative lack of performance, we're not getting off them any time soon. :rofl:

I was wondering whoose feathers that was gonna ruffle :rofl:

Just yanking the K riders chains.

I actually love the K line i just like the ergos alot better on the RT than the GT...but that is just me. Im just not old enough for an LT yet...soon tho....

Dont get me started on the spyder...OMg i hate those things...i already pissed a few guys off in another thread that i was ripping on those things....if you are in a wheel chair or something, GREAT ride on....thumbs up to you on a spyder...but if you can walk and you "choose" to ride a spyder....you are NOT a rider! Sell your spyder and buy a beetle convertible, put your flower in the dash, and move to San Fran with your "partner"....

....if you are in a wheel chair or something, GREAT ride on....thumbs up to you on a spyder...

We bumped into a group, mostly on harleys, and one guy in a wheelchair, riding a spyder, in Yaak Montana (look it up). That dude was the happiest guy I've ever met. But it mighta been the beer....

Survived-til-now
Sort of reminds me of the Messerschmitt KR200. Same idea except the outrigger wheels are fixed. Still legally a motorcycle though.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z16129/Messerschmitt-KR200.aspx

That yanked me back to the 1960's.... My Dad had one of those and you are right about the classification - he only held a motorcycle licence so that was all he could drive (it wasn't allowed a full reverse gear so you had to stop, reach back and pull a lever to go into reverse).

I travelled miles in one those with the perspex roof and aircraft steering handle............ happy days :)

I still see the odd one on the road but they are just too small for these busy roads :(

Archived