IGNORED

Tail Pack for KGT

BawdyMonk

I don't like riding with panniers unless I really need to, I detest wearing a rucksack and don't need or want a topbox for those hooning days out with my mates, so I'd like to get a tailpack for my KGT...

Can anybody recommend a good quality model that I can get online?

thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Marsee makes a really nice tail pack. BMW also makes one specific to the KRS, it might work on a GT as well.

Do not secure with any form of elastic cord. Make sure you are using canvas or nylon straps and make sure it cannot be moved in such a way as to get past the tail section. An X shape under the bag with two separate straps passed under the seat should be OK. I have used a similar setup on my S.

We had a guy who offed himself on a KRS about 2 years ago. Running up a long straight road to over 100, his day pack, which he had bungee netted to his passenger seat, worked loose, slid over the tail section and got sucked up by the rear wheel which promptly locked up. Skid mark over 200 feet long on the road then he went off into the grass verge. The tumble broke his neck.

I would favor some form of sewn on sleeve that slid over the rear of the seat ala the Big Mak tank bag.

Do not secure with any form of elastic cord......

We had a guy who offed himself on a KRS about 2 years ago. Running up a long straight road to over 100, his day pack, which he had bungee netted to his passenger seat, worked loose, slid over the tail section and got sucked up by the rear wheel which promptly locked up. Skid mark over 200 feet long on the road then he went off into the grass verge. The tumble broke his neck.

After that story I'll weld it to the rack eek.gif

I've been overjoyed at the performance and utility of my Marsee 35l seat bag. I used it both on my seat and GiVi luggage rack of the K1200RS.

The size allows me to carry an alternate jacket, or my Darian jacket liner and un-armored over-pants.

It is firmly attached though easily removed. Absent the bag, the underseat straps don't flow and stay out of the way.

Rex designs some of the very best gear, and the materials quality, and US fabrication are top notch.

Best wishes with your choice.

Many thanks, I think the Chicane Mesa is exactly what I'm looking for and have contacted them to see if they can ship international. thumbsup.gif

Archived