IGNORED

R1150RT corbin vs wunderlich low seat ?

Nick1150

Let me put it this way:

Ready to buy one or the other. I am sure some in this forum use them. Can you pls advise about your impressions.

Thanks in advance

Ps. The Wunderlich site states that the low seat is 40mm lower than the BMW stock seat, whereas the corbin site does not state anything. Does anyone knows how "low" is the corbin low seat comparing to the stock?

I don't now about the Corbin but I recommend the Wunderlich low seat. Nice looking, comfortable, no forward tilt.

There's a member who has one on the classifieds, check it out.

I have the Corbin and it is not any lower. It is wide at the front and makes it a little tougher to get the feet flat on the ground. I love the seat but if height is an issue for you I would look at something else. Corbin can narrow the front of the seat but I believe to get it correct you need to do a ride -in to make sure it comes out right. Good luck.

I never rode a Wunderlich but, I've had several Corbins. I put 72,000 miles on a Corbin in 2 years on my 96 RT and it was a good seat. No issues at all. I do not recommend Corbins to people with short inseam measurements. If seat hight is an issue, Stay away from the Oilhead RT Corbin seat. Sargent makes a good "off the shelf" seat also. I think their "low seat" is possibly the lowest seat available if that is what you need.

When I got Bonbon, she had the normal seat and a Corbin. The Corbin was comfortable, but high. Last year I bought a Sargent low seat and it is OK. I would be interested in knowing if the Wonderlich is lower and/or mort comfortable than my Sargent. Sight unseen, if Height is your main concern, I would choose the Wonderlich.

My RT had a Corbin on it when I got it and I rode it 1100 miles home. I am 5'9" with 32" inseam and on the lowest setting I could still only "ball-foot" the bike, ended up dropping it in a gravel lot dopeslap.gif and vowed not to let that happen again. Bought the Wunderlich low seat on Laura's suggestion, and now I ride in the medium position and have full foot plant and security. If height is a concern, the Corbin is much higher (due to the width of the seat at the front) than the Wunderlich. The Corbin does give you a bit more move around room as it doesn't have the "cup" of the Wunderlich, but for my money the Wunderlich is a perfect solution to long distance comfort and touch down security. Put a couple of 1200 mile trips on it with absolutely no complaints.

Good luck.

BTW, one possible advantage of the Corbin is the versatility of a back rest for both passenger and driver, FWIW.

cheers

Beno

Nick1150, I bought a Corbin seat for my 1150RT because, to put it bluntly, the stock seat killed my ass. Well, I got a heated Corbin seat for about $600.00, put the sucker on, and nearly fell over. I could only touch the ground with one toe. I sent it back for what Corbin called a nose job. They fixed it for free, but it still doesn't fit,it is just not the seat for someone with a 30" inseam. Not only that, it is as hard or harder than the stock (2002) seat. To make matters worse, the rear portion of the seat is hard to put on, it just doesn't seem to fit right. What I finally did was to get some seat jacks for my stock seat and now I am happy as a pig in shit. If you are looking for a low seat, I would sit on that Corbin before you buy it!!!<<<<<Softtail>>>>> thumbsup.gif

Thanks softail, Bono and other guys for your comments.

I guest I should go for the winderlich. You all seem happy with it. I have a 31 inseam, and I have the need to flatfoot both feet for security mostly reasons. Do you have an estimation cost for rider & passenger?

I realy appreciate your help

A new Wunderlich, just the front, is around $400. Not sure what the rear is. You can price them out directly from Sierra BMW.

Good luck. There is a guy selling one right now on this forum for $125, which is a smokin' deal. I paid $400 for a used one!

beno

I just realized you are in Greece. You should be able to order straight from Wunderlich and save some cash. I assume it would be cheaper shipping from Germany.

B

Archived