IGNORED

RT fog (driving) bulbs

pedro cerveza

pedro cerveza

I have 2 questions...

1) Does anyone know of an easy way to change out a burnt bulb? Or do I have to find a contortionist with very small hands?

2) Is there a better bulb alternative to use instead of the ones that came on the bike?

TIA,

Eric

1) Does anyone know of an easy way to change out a burnt bulb? Or do I have to find a contortionist with very small hands?

If you've got an '04, you should have no radio (and speakers), right? If so, it's a very easy job if you first pull the Tupperware on that side. The rubber cap covering the access just pulls down, squeeze the two loops on the wire keeper together and pull down from the catch the bulb will drop out. Pull the wire from the spade connector and discard. When re-installing the new bulb, be sure not to touch the bulb glass with your bare hands (oils from your skin will cook on the glass and shorten the bulb life), or if you do, clean the oil off well with an alcohol pad. If you want to get really anal about it, it is also helpful to put a thin film of dielectric grease on that spade connector when re-installing the new bulb. Push the new bulb up into the socket aligning the flat indexing mark on the bulb flange with the corresponding facet on the socket. Hold it there while you squeeze the two wire loops on the keeper and swing/push up between the two hooks, release and they should hook. Replace the rubber cap and the Tupperware panel.

2) Is there a better bulb alternative to use instead of the ones that came on the bike?

Seems like I saw someone here had recently posted a source for an amber alternative to the white ones which might really help with conspicuity. Try the searching tutorial sticky thread in the Discussion Board Issues Support Forum and go from there.

I bought some bulbs made my Osram. They are amber, and Osram calms they are 30% brighter. I havn't installed them yet, so I don't know if there brighter. They were $40 Canadian for the pair. www.oshram.com thumbsup.gif

Archived