IGNORED

Installing Motorrad Concepts Hugger on R1200GS

Emoto

How did you even get them??? I've been bugging Andrew at Adventurers Workshop for almost a year now for a pair with no luck. bncry.gif

What's your secret? PM me if you like/would. wink.gif

PLEASE!

I ordered one a month before the national rally & received it a week after returning from Beemerville! I ordered the silver & it was not as pictured with a nice finish! It was a dull matted rough finish but was easy to install! When mounted it was very crooked! Andrew wanted to send me another one. He said they were all the dull rough surface now! I sent it back! $400 was to high for the poor quality!

How did you even get them??? I've been bugging Andrew at Adventurers Workshop for almost a year now for a pair with no luck. bncry.gif

What's your secret? PM me if you like/would. wink.gif

PLEASE!

confused.gif Can't you just order one?

I ordered one a month before the national rally & received it a week after returning from Beemerville! I ordered the silver & it was not as pictured with a nice finish! It was a dull matted rough finish but was easy to install! When mounted it was very crooked! Andrew wanted to send me another one. He said they were all the dull rough surface now! I sent it back! $400 was to high for the poor quality!

Bizarre. I know they had some issues with the early ones, but it is my understanding that they are all worked out now. I haven't seen the silver one in person, but I was shipped a red one by mistake (I wanted basic black) and the finish on the red one was definitely smooth and shiny.

The people at Motorrad Concepts hang out on UKGS'er.com (I think they are a site sponsor) and there they have said that they have switched to a dull matted finish on all their huggers after being dissatisfied with the shiny surfaces.

Adventurers Workshop is the only supplier of them in the US and Andrew has supposedly had some problems supplying them. I've been trying to get a front and back red set. His website most of the time won't let you order one or the other. I have sent emails to him and occasionally gotten a reply about availability issues but no real clear answer as to if I am 'in the queue' / in line somewhere to get a pair, and if so when. Calling him doesn't work because most of the time his voice mailbox is full and you can't leave a message.

So I remain hugger-less! frown.gif

Chris Holland
Anyone know anything about the hugger that Hornig sells?

Yes......Hornig are our distributors in Germany......he sells our huggers there.....

Cheers

Dutch

Motorrad Concepts

Chris Holland
The people at Motorrad Concepts hang out on UKGS'er.com (I think they are a site sponsor) and there they have said that they have switched to a dull matted finish on all their huggers after being dissatisfied with the shiny surfaces.

Adventurers Workshop is the only supplier of them in the US and Andrew has supposedly had some problems supplying them. I've been trying to get a front and back red set. His website most of the time won't let you order one or the other. I have sent emails to him and occasionally gotten a reply about availability issues but no real clear answer as to if I am 'in the queue' / in line somewhere to get a pair, and if so when. Calling him doesn't work because most of the time his voice mailbox is full and you can't leave a message.

So I remain hugger-less! frown.gif

Ken

The supply of huggers via Adventurers Workshop is purely down to the numbers he orders from us.

If you're not happy with the service you're receiving from them, please email me directly: chrisholland@motorradconcepts.com

Cheers

Dutch

Motorrad Concepts

Anyone know anything about the hugger that Hornig sells?

Yes......Hornig are our distributors in Germany......he sells our huggers there.....

Thanks for the clarification.

The Adventurer's Workshop site states that AW is a US distributor for Hornig. I don't know if that means anything for this particular product, but I hope Ken and others can get orders filled one way or another.

Chris Holland

Adventurers Workshop is our exclusive distributor in the US and as such obtains his stock directly from us, so there is little point in him obtaining it from us via Hornig......?

Cheers

Dutch

Ken,

I've always told you that when we get a red front and rear that you are first to get it. Unfortunately the finish has changed and I will post new pictures of the new finish when they are available. The folks at MC will supply these when the next batch is done. Has it taken a some time to get sorted? Yes, without a doubt however Dutch has had some issues to address along the way and has done so in a very professional manner. We expect a delivery of huggers shortly and we have worked out all the arrangements with MC to receive these.

As far as our mailbox being full and not having the ability to leave a message most of the time, this is not true and the only time that this has happened was just this past week. Also understand that I do not answer the phone during "normal 9-5" business hours as I maintain a regular fulltime job. We get to everyone who leaves a message as fast as we can.

If you wish I will contact you when our next shipment comes in. You know where to contact me at.

thanks,

Andrew

when we get a red front and rear that you are first to get it.
Wonderful!
If you wish I will contact you when our next shipment comes in.
Please.
As far as our mailbox being full and not having the ability to leave a message most of the time, this is not true and the only time that this has happened was just this past week.
Okay, "most of the time" was a bit of a exaggeration on my part, and for that I apologize. But it has certainly happened to me more than once when I have attempted to call your phone number over the summer. And please realize I DO understand the trials and tribulations of trying to run a part-time entrepreneurial business while holding down a full-time job. At one time over at UKGS'er you mentioned you were going to go full time with the business. I hope you can. But from this end of the 'transaction', not knowing a status, due date, etc. of an item one thinks (but is not sure) they actually have on order, is frustrating too. I need my bling fix!

BTW Andrew, one thing that adds to the confusion is that on your web site at the moment someone cannot order a front hugger of any color. The link is grayed out. Thus part of the confusion as to if it is possible to put one on order there and have it on backorder. The link for the rear ones works for any color, even if as you say, colors are not currently available in the US.

Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

I have updated the site over the last few minutes to reflect the changes that were needed. I have updated the hugger description as well to inform all customers of the finish that is available right now. It's very tough to stock colors with these items as most riders go with black. In the future we will take orders for huggers and front fenders that are other then black as special order pieces.

I am planning to this full time as soon as our new business plan is done and out to new finaciers. Currently our whole effort is self funded.

I truly love this business and everything about it but I need to become more business savvy and get a grip on the true amount of potential that this oportunity presents. This is important however the core of the business is about the riders and their bikes and I need to stay clearly focused on that. It will be interesting to see how we grow over the next 6 months. I have very big expectations!

best regards,

Andrew

Archived