IGNORED

Avon Azarro Tires

KeyLime

It's on the way...great high mileage tires and wet grip........no, I don't get free tires to say that, I just switched from Metzler and don't see going back!

I couldn't disagree more. I can't wait to go back to the Metzler Z6's. For my GT the Avons are slippery even on dry pavement in corners with power on and breaking. Also they make my front tire flutter at 35 40mph when I take my hands of the bars to pull my gloves off. I never experienced that before with the Z6's or with the Bridgestones that came with the bike. They may work well for some bikes but I will never have a pair of them on this GT again.

Dunno about your GT dude, but Avon makes many different tires from different compounds...it's all about matching the tire to the ride...

For my GT the Avons are slippery even on dry pavement in corners with power on and breaking. Also they make my front tire flutter at 35 40mph when I take my hands of the bars to pull my gloves off.

Sounds to me like you have something else going on. The AV45/46ST combo is pretty much the consensus favorite of RS/GT riders here and on the former i-bmw.com.

Sounds to me like you have something else going on. The AV45/46ST combo is pretty much the consensus favorite of RS/GT riders here and on the former i-bmw.com.

That is the way that i just went... the AV45/46 on my RT. So far, i like them just fine. They are a bit noisy.. but i wear ear plugs!

For my GT the Avons are slippery even on dry pavement in corners with power on and breaking. Also they make my front tire flutter at 35 40mph when I take my hands of the bars to pull my gloves off.

I would love to be educated as to what else would cause my GT to make me have to baby it when it comes to the rear tire not sticking to the road. And what has caused the front fluter when no hands are on the bars around 40mph. I'm sure Avons must be good on some bikes because I was convinced to try them based on so many glowing reports. All I can say is that my riding experience has changed since I made the switch. And that change has made me distrustful of the GT's corning abilities even on dry pavement.

Thanks, I respect what the Master Yoda says and will search for what makes these tire seem more slippery in the turns. It may be that it is because I haven't set my preload properly when riding two up? confused.gif

Archived