IGNORED

Gerbings outlet powering GPS or Satellite radio?

jimswms

Alright, electrics are not my strong point, so, excuse the ignorance. Here's my thought.. I have my gerbings power coming up from the battery, along the frame of my GS, and ending up near the bars. I plug in the controller from there.

With that in mind, is there an adaptor of some sort, that I can plug into the gerbings wire, that then splits to power, in addition to my liner, a GPS or, in the future, a satellite radio? Can I run that much juice through this wire, or is this just a bad idea? Seems the power is there, I just need to "get to it".

Thanks,

Jim

ShovelStrokeEd

Its easy if you run a tank bag. Just bring the power into the tank bag using a Gerbings glove harness as a source for the connectors. Then a small terminal strip from Radio Shack. To run the sat. radio you'll probably have to take apart the lighter plugland solder a couple of leads to the little circuit board or use a pig tail lighter plug adaptor. I poked a couple of small holes in the front of my bag to get the leads for the V1 and the GPS out the front. The Sat Radio resides inside the map case and I even have a pig tail coming out the back for my Gerbings controller. Do a search back about 2 years. There were plenty of threads about powering tank bags.

Archived