IGNORED

A recall on 2004-2010 "K" bikes....

Firefight911

Just thought I'd share. I know, I know, weird! A recall from the BMW (Built More Worse) motorcycle engineered extraordinaire...... (this phraseology may be difficult to understand but, I have been assimilated by them, therefore; I have engineered the English language to be better. I have fixed the problem! You may thank me earlier rather than later. What, there was no problem? Yes there was! You just didn't know it.)

:rofl::rofl:

LINKY

LINKY2

Don't they know the difference between the front and the rear suspension, even?

The letter says rear, the recall says front. Based on the description, would think it must be rear.

The letter says rear, the recall says front. Based on the description, would think it must be rear.

And you seem so surprised by this why?

And you seem so surprised by this why?

:rofl:

I guess the beefed up dog bone is not strong enough to hold up after the bearings sieze.

I inspected mine when I swapped the ESA for the Wilbers and at that time they were in in very good condition.

Do you think BMW will go with a rear wheel hugger or some kind of upgraded sealed bearing? Keeping the rear wheel water away from the dog bone will solve most of the problem.

So, um, er, mine is an '03, yet identical to an '04, (which wasn't sold in US in '05 but was in Canada in a beautiful Silver) and I'm wondering, was the second generation KGT sold in Europe as an '04 which would mean they're talking about the "new" (now old/er/er) GT, or was mine just built right to begin with as an '03, or did they torque the year?

From the tone of the posts it sounds like you're bashing BMW, when the problem is with NHTSA.

Oh, I guess that is possible. Didn't think of that. Thank you for pointing it out.

CoarsegoldKid

Yeah, I'm in suspense as to what the next one will be.

A riding buddy's K13S came to a rolling stop last week. He trucked it to the dealer. SWITCHES recalled.

Yeah, I'm in suspense as to what the next one will be.

A riding buddy's K13S came to a rolling stop last week. He trucked it to the dealer. SWITCHES recalled.

That is a bummer. Plus, that is such an old issue I am surprised your friend hadn't had it fixed a long time ago. Mine killed my bike last April and BMW already knew of the issue then. A formal recall for the switches went out not too long after that.

So, um, er, mine is an '03, yet identical to an '04, (which wasn't sold in US in '05 but was in Canada in a beautiful Silver) and I'm wondering, was the second generation KGT sold in Europe as an '04 which would mean they're talking about the "new" (now old/er/er) GT, or was mine just built right to begin with as an '03, or did they torque the year?

Another reason to keep my "02" KRS! :grin:

Bob,

I was on an R1100 S, R1200 ST, K1200 GT (2nd gen), K1200 S, then an '03 K1200 RS, back to back this morning.

Like Goldilocks, the last one fit.

:thumbsup:

Archived