IGNORED

1996 1100RT front three spoked wheel needed.

JMitchell

Aloha guy's,

I need a three spoked front wheel for my 96 1100RT. Can you recommend a good salvage yard or a good source for parts.

Thank you,

John

Hi John

If you just can’t find one and get in a bind finding one give me a PM as I’m pretty sure I have a low mileage 3 spoke silver front wheel in a box in my shop attic.

I really don’t want to sell yet it but if you can’t find one and really need it I probably would.

Is it bent or broken? These wheels can be successfully straightened if not cracked or broken.

The current rim is visually in good shape. After having it spin balanced it looks as though someone hit a curb. It is not broken just bent and out of true. If you know of a shop that can true the rim that may work out great.

Thank you,

John

Hi John

If you just can’t find one and get in a bind finding one give me a PM as I’m pretty sure I have a low mileage 3 spoke silver front wheel in a box in my shop attic.

I really don’t want to sell yet it but if you can’t find one and really need it I probably would.

Dirtrider I appreciate the offer. The rim is usable the way it is but not as smooth as it should be. I recently acquired the RT and was going through the bike and noticed it when I had the rim spin balanced. Noncomp in the post above mentioned it may be salvageable. I will look into this and let you know. Thank you again for the offer!

John

Found this info on straightening rim in the US.

Wheel repair - fixing a bent rim

submitted by various list members

It happens to everybody sooner or later, one good pothole and you're looking for a wheel repair service. The good news is wheels can be straightened. The following information was collected from e-mails sent by members regarding shops that members have used in the past with good results:

"Thanks to everyone about advice on where to send my bent rim. I ended up sending it to 'Fast Track' in Mesa, AZ 480-649-1093. The service was one day turn-around for $70 plus return shipping, payment is COD. No more wobble and headshake." Frank Walker frank.walker@ifsna.com

www.framestraightsystem.com "best in the country" also: http://www.mich.com/~fssi/ "Check out this web site carefully he shows some incredible wheel repair jobs." Alex Ortner 900Ultralight 908SSP 907IE aortner@mediaone.net

"Check with David Moore Wheel Service, 9383 Buena Vista St., Apple Valley, CA, USA 92308, (760) 240-3543 . If anyone can fix them, he can." Larry Loyd" loydl@lvcm.com "Give Woody's Wheel Works in Denver a call - 303.936.0232" Jim Gilpatrick

Archived