IGNORED

Anyone want to start a (non-BMW) motor unit?

roughwaterjohn

I wonder what they bought to replace them?

The now trendy fad of the week Concours 14?

If'n I was the taxpayer in Corona, I would get a bit bent seeing police bikes retired so young.

I'm still on an '03.

roughwaterjohn

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at the low miles on a couple of them. Don't know if they're getting rid of the motors to save money, or whether they're upgrading to newer units. Maybe they have grant money they need to spend before the end of the year. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider

I wonder if I should send this to the South Carolina State Police? They started running ST1300's a few years back. I bet the could use a great deal on some back up bikes. :)

Shawn

I am bit suprised they ever started using the St1300. I didnt like mine and I sure couldnt imagine riding it for a living. The BMW RT makes alot more sense. They shouldnt need more power, becasue at least here in California, I believe they put limits on how fast of a pursuit the moto cops can go.

I am bit suprised they ever started using the St1300. I didnt like mine and I sure couldnt imagine riding it for a living. The BMW RT makes alot more sense. They shouldnt need more power, becasue at least here in California, I believe they put limits on how fast of a pursuit the moto cops can go.

I have had a non-pleasurable experience of once having a 1150RTP on my tail, blazing his sirens only because I couldn't see him chasing me through the tiny mirrors of my gsxr at night on the freeway. Not that I ever would, but, could I have run from him? Maybe on the track yes. On the road? No way.

I paid the ticket without argument. I earned it.

If'n I was the taxpayer in Corona, I would get a bit bent seeing police bikes retired so young.

I'm still on an '03.

Many departments around these parts retire bikes at 60,000 miles or 5 years (end of warranty). Note milage/age on these motors, kinda makes sense.

I'm still on an '03.

Many departments around these parts retire bikes at 60,000 miles or 5 years (end of warranty). Note milage/age on these motors, kinda makes sense.

It used to be like that. But these days many agencies and the state of Ca are going bankrupt due to the bad economy. Officers are getting laid off and services are being cut. Agencies are holding on to the vehicles longer and not buying new stuff.

Archived