IGNORED

Radio use on the RT

BerndM

Seriously now, how are you guys using the RT's radio (speaker) system?

Do you actually listen to the radio while riding or just while parked?

Do you listen to music or mostly talk radio?

I have found that talk stations aren't too bad but that listening to music has all the sound quality of a cheap 1960's 6 transistor radio at anything over about 35 miles per hour.

I find it fantastically annoying because of all the ambient background noises.

Having had this bike (05) for a while now, I would never spend an extra dime on any future radio equipment on a bike again.

In this case, it was there when I bought the bike used so fine.

But it was (is) a lesson learned (for me anyway).

Just curious how the collective sees this issue.

regards

Bernd

Have never, ever listened to my radio speakers while on the move. I use an Autocom (or Starcom is an alternative) system to pipe the music up to the helmet, where I get superb sound quality, considering it is a motorcycle and you need to hear what is going on around you .

Some folks buy extra-powerful waterproof speakers, but I personally would not waste the effort to try it.

Hope this helps.

John

I listen to music through my RT's speakers every time I'm on the bike and find the sound quality to be quite acceptable. I'm also using an aftermarket windshield, so maybe that explains the difference in our experiences. In any case, I'm glad I spent the money for the radio/CD option and would do it again.

BTW, here in Pennsylvania, it's illegal to pipe music through your helmet speakers and/or earphones while you're riding.

BTW, here in Pennsylvania, it's illegal to pipe music through your helmet speakers and/or earphones while you're riding.

Which is why I bought Ipod earphones with black cords.

:thumbsup:

I can't hear mine while the bike is moving. I'm now using the GPS's mp3 bluetoothed to a cardo headset. Oh, and I replaced the speakers in the headset with earbuds for less noise and more sound.

---

The only time I listen to the speakers is when I'm washing the bike. Otherwise, it is routed through my Autocom. Even so, on the highway, both AM and FM range is really poor so I switch over to the XM in my Zumo.

I listen to music through my RT's speakers every time I'm on the bike and find the sound quality to be quite acceptable. I'm also using an aftermarket windshield, so maybe that explains the difference in our experiences. In any case, I'm glad I spent the money for the radio/CD option and would do it again.

+1

My speakers are actually removed. I used the space to install other wiring and HID ballasts. I DO use the radio. I have my ipod integrated with the radio and the whole thing going into my helmet speakers. Use it often. Excellent sound quality though the radio reception could be better.

IMHO the speakers are useless...

which brings about a question I have been pondering, which headset system. J&M or starcom. I am veering to the zumo system with the starcom to power the headset and not wireless ( cheap bastard that i am)

any feedback?

:thumbsup:

I've also been known to remove the labels from pillows.

Do not have radio on my RT,and did not know there were speakers pre install until I installed a bubble compass...no matter which direction I traveled I always travelled NORTH !!!

As 4 music I use a nano in my pocket and have the wireless remote Ijet velcroed to the clutch res.

OK Thanks guys for your comments. You mostly seem to agree that the speakers are far less than wonderful. The do sound pretty good when parked though and I do use the radio at times for talk stations where high quality is not much of an issue.

My mp3 player and earbuds are most excellent!

Thanks again!

Bernd

Archived