IGNORED

Emergency Tech Day

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

As you may know, I blew up my R1150 GSA last Saturday. Those more mechanically inclined than I believe it's either the drive shaft and/splines...

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me tear Bikeopotamus down, diagnose the problem, and fix it? I have a few tools and enthusiasm, but no skills. That's where you come in... :clap:

Sunday October 24, Saturday, October 30 or 31, and the weekend of November 6 and 7 all work for me. What do you say?

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Thanks,

Steve in So Cal

Steve, the weekend of 30th is the get together at Richard/Jaq's place in Benecia for Dutchy.

just a point of info.

MB>

And sadly, that puts me out, whereas I normally would have been in, especially for you Steve!

Sorry buddy, I have MORE than a full plate for the next 2-3 weeks with a house full of people!

Steve, the weekend of 30th is the get together at Richard/Jaq's place in Benecia for Dutchy.

just a point of info.

MB>

And sadly, that puts me out, whereas I normally would have been in, especially for you Steve!

Sorry buddy, I have MORE than a full plate for the next 2-3 weeks with a house full of people!

Trailer the bikeopotamus to Benecia. Problem solved.

Joe Frickin' Friday
As you may know, I blew up my R1150 GSA last Saturday. Those more mechanically inclined than I believe it's either the drive shaft and/splines...

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me tear Bikeopotamus down, diagnose the problem, and fix it? I have a few tools and enthusiasm, but no skills. That's where you come in... :clap:

Sunday October 24, Saturday, October 30 or 31, and the weekend of November 6 and 7 all work for me. What do you say?

If you have broken parts, then you will need to diagnose the problem prior to the Tech Daze and have the parts ready to go; if not, then the job will not get completed in one day.

Listening to where the crunchy noises come from when you turn the back wheel (with transmission in gear) should tell you where the problem is. Sounds like it's inside the swingarm? Pick up a replacement driveshaft. Sounds like it's up by the starter/front of the gearbox? Input shaft splines; shell out some bucks for a replacement input shaft assembly, and a few different-sized bearing shims to be used as needed during reassembly.

Yep, best plan is for two tech days. One to tear it down, and one perhaps 4 to 8 weeks later to put it back together when the parts are in. Photo everything on dis-assembly, get egg cartons and number each "shell", and keep a journal identifying every part coming off the bike (i.e. photo, part, number, list in journal, inspect, order as necessary). It will inevitably be weeks between dis-assembly and full reassembly, particularly if price means anything to you and you're ordering out of state (i.e. 10% savings on sales tax alone right there).

Unfortunately, though, I can't commit to help out at the moment.

Archived