IGNORED

1150RT horns on 1100RT

John in VA

I picked up a set of used R1150RT horns to replace the single "moped" horn on my R1100RT. The 1150 horns came with short brackets bolted together on the ends with one bolt. I can see that the 1100RT horn connectors are different from the 1150 connectors, which I can deal with, but should this be an easy install? I can find no drawings showing the actual mounting position, only an exploded parts fiche, so I guess I'll have to find an 1150 to peer up into for reference. Has anybody else done this project?

Well if you want to ride out here to Calif. you can look at Jan's RT. I mounted a pair of R1150RT horns on it, replacing the wimpy OEM horn.

Stan

Look at my write-up web page as listed in my profile for pictures of how I mounted 2 extra horns inside my 1100RT fairing.

Don't forget that you should run a new fused circuit powered by a relay energized by the original horn circuit. Two horns are better, but obviously draw much more current, than one.

I know what you mean about the moped horn frown.gifi`ve just fitted a Stebel Nautilus horn to mine it`s seriously loud,should get anybodys attention with one of these thumbsup.gif

Regards Del

Archived