IGNORED

Sidestand - 1100 RT to RS compatibility

dan cata

Hi all,

Last night it was raining, the tank was full for today's last trip this season and the side stand went into the ground and the bike tip over.

The left mirror got broken and the sidestand bent :(

A friend is parting out a 1100 RS and I was thinking if the side stands were interchangeable. I checked realoem.com and the part codes are different, but I was hoping someone here knows more if I can fit the RS one.

Also, regarding the mirror, is there any way to only change the glass? The plastic is still ok on it.

Thanks,

Dan.

I do not know about the stand, but I do know that BMW sell the mirror glass on its own. The glass clips into place. Once you have the new glass, it will be obvious how it fits.

Andy

Jerry Johnston

Right side mirror pn 46-63-2-313-722 $30

ABove is what I purchased in 05. If you look it up maybe you'll know which size to get and a number for the left side.

Hi all,

A friend is parting out a 1100 RS and I was thinking if the side stands were interchangeable. I checked realoem.com and the part codes are different, but I was hoping someone here knows more if I can fit the RS one.

I believe that the RS uses the same parts as the 1150RT, so no, they arent interchangable.

Archived