IGNORED

Outside Temp-not reading???

bcoles

Just had my brake recall work on the 07 RT done today. It went fine. On the ride home I noticed a small exclamation mark on my display. Checked my BC and only ---- for the outside temperature reading. Could the technician have disconnected something while doing the brake recall? He also replaced my air filter. Just too coincidental that the temperature reading doesn't show up on the display. Any ideas/suggestions. Thanks. Bryan.

Look on the inside of the right front faring panel. The temperature sensor is mounted there. They would have unplugged it to remove the panel when they updated the brake lines. Most likely they left it unplugged when they put it back together.

You were correct, Jim. The plug was hanging loose. Plugged in- outside temperature showed up on the display. All is good again. Thanks! Bryan.

Hey, I just picked up a used '07 on Monday. It was in for the same brake line recall issue on the Friday before. While riding it home, I noticed the outside temperature wasn't showing. After reading this topic, I checked and sure enough, I can see the connector just hanging. But, where does it plug into? Do I need to remove the fairing?

Terry

No, on the inside edge of the plastic just under the head light/oil cooler and down about 4 inches there is a small device about the size of half your thumb, it has a probe like front. I believe it is on the drivers left.

Thanks Beech! Found it and we're good!

I've been browsing this website since I started looking for a R12RT back in the spring. It's an awesome site! Loads of information!

Terry :)

I had the same problem for my '07 RT for the brake line recall Saturday. The plug was just hanging there. Good help on this site help me find it and boom back in business.

Keep the dirty side down.

MikeD

Archived