IGNORED

Top Case , how big is Yours?

Motorrad4fun

I added a top case to My K1200GT to get extra storage. A Givi E460. Givi says that it will fit 2 Full Face helmets (must be kids sizes) My helmet is a Arai quantum/f XL. (Ok, so I have a big Head) It will not fit in the top case.

Are you using a top case that will fit a full size helmet? If so let me know as I need to upgrade the size of mine.

i'm using a kolpin 93200 cargo box,i think i could fit 3 helmets easy.if it wasn't for all the parts i have to carry.36 wide,17 long,13 high.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I have a Givi 46 liter case, same as yours. A Lg & Med helmet set fits fine, so long as you remove the red document holder on the underside of the lid. 2 screws and you are good to go. If that doesn't work, you might try the 52 liter case from Givi.

I have the Givi V46 top case - it fits my Schuberth just fine. I can fit two "regular" full face helmets in it with a little coaxing (by regular I mean not the Schuberth flip-face, which is a bit bulkier) or the Schuberth and a 3/4 helmet.

All that being said, since I only use the top box for turing, if I had it to do over again I would get a 52L top box for extra storage.

I have a Givi 52 liter. I am happy with the capacity, and it has brake lights up high which was the main reason I bought it. It doesn't blend well with the bike especially with the back rest. The BMW trunk looks much better, but is not as usefull.

52 litre Givi Maxia. 2 full face helmets no problem. One medium, one large. Various combinations of AGV, Bieffe, Nitro, NZI and Craft.

GiVi Maxia E52...holds 2 large full face Shoei helmets with a bit of room to spare, so it'll hold at least one XL full face helmet and another M or maybe L full face helmet. Go to a dealer that has one and put whatever you want to put in the case and find out for sure.

Now you see, if you didn't buy that BMW, you would have never gotten that swollen head. grin.gif

I have a Givi 46 mounted all of the time. I put my XL Shoei RF900 in there when I get to work. With a little playing around, I can get the Shoei and the wife's HJC in at the same time. However, as Mallinson said, you have to remove the red "document holder" from inside the lid.

Well, to jump on the band wagon...

I have the Givi E52 also. 2 Caberg Justissimo flip fronts with no problems, or about 2 weeks of clothes. (OK I pack light!)

Steve

Archived