IGNORED

Biketoberfest - Daytona Florida

FLrider

Anyone headed over? Want to meet up and grab some dinner?

I plan on going on Saturday. Run up, Run back.

If anyone from the Tampa Bay area is going on Saturday and wants some company, please let me know!

Bunch of MTF folk are having lunch here, some of us are bi-forum

Martins Restaurant

2000 S Oceanshore Blvd (A1A)

Flagler Beach, FL

(386)439-5830

N 29º 27.595'

W081º 07.043'

Tire-kicking at 11AM; the restaurant opens at 11:30.

Confirmed. Heading up Saturday morning. Going to the track to see what's up there, heading back late Saturday.

Anyone interested in company on the way to or from, pop me a pm.

With no racing and the diminishing number of vendors and manufacturers over the last few years, most of us from the Tampa area are now skipping this event.

IMO, it is now much less than an event.

It is just an excuse for riders of a certain style of bike to parade, drink, blip, and bond in traffic jams.

Like the Un but without the parade, blipping, and traffic jams.

;)

We went once, when there were vendors and racing and it was barely worth the effort.

W/out vendors and not riding the type of bike that the outlying dealerships are reaching out to, why bother?

We went once, when there were vendors and racing and it was barely worth the effort.

W/out vendors and not riding the type of bike that the outlying dealerships are reaching out to, why bother?

Wasn't that the time you, Beth, and were stress testing the boxer/k bike two up performance envelope?

That is correct.

Sunday's ride home was a real thrill.

Parade units on back roads with auxilliary support vehicles.

At least they thought they were in a parade.

:/

Funny how angry Harley runs out of oomph and the K still has 3 gears left...

:P

:wave:

Well, there weren't as many vendors at the speedway as there used to be.

I didn't make it to Main st. or any of the bars.

Having been a Harley guy for many, many years and having attended many, many Biketoberfests, Bike weeks, Sturgis, etc., I can honestly say that, I'm over it.

Knowing what I know now about the performance superiority of my RT (ie., linked ABS, top end ), I just can't get into the Harley brand anymore and that includes everything that goes with it.

Archived