IGNORED

Lane Splitting for a Purpose?

David13

My question? Is there a purpose to lane splitting? I thought there was. To avoid congested traffic. Not as a recreational activity.

However, today I was in the car on Western Ave sbnd at the limit, 35, when a bike, a ratty old something with those old BMW black boxes comes flying, 50 or 60 past me, in my lane, with the other lane wide open. ?

The idiot was wearing an orange safety vested that had been rolled in the mud quite a bit.

Then, he made a right turn, a u turn, came back, and didn't stop for the light, but made a right turn onto the curb area, almost in front of me, actually beside me, again with the lane beside me, beyond me, wide open. ?

It's obvious he wrecked whatever good bikes he had, and now is on what looked like a junkyard salvage bike. I predict his next wreck will probably be his last.

Other than drugs and alcohol, what could be wrong with this character?

dc

Part of the purpose of riding a rat bike is to be a rat rider. An unsafe motorcycle is synonymous with unsafe riding. It's part of the culture and mindset of this subgroup of motorcyclists. A spin-off the rat rod crowd. The more radical, bizarre and shockingly unsafe the better.

They have there own forums.

http://ezrat.com/ratbikes.html

Well, I don't know. Just because you ride a rat bike doesn't mean you are a rat. But it's good evidence, no?

Evidence of being a rat:

a. rat bike

I know notacop does not ride a rat bike. However, if you don't ride a rat bike, it possibly is not good evidence that you are not a rat.

You can't prove a negative.

Gotta

The only assumption I make is that the guy wasn't riding right. Apropros.

dc

In some parts of the world Rats are considered Holy, temples are dedicated to us and we are worshipped cuz we are kewl.

Yup.........But that place ain't my house. Just sayin'.

I used to think there was a purpose to baseball bats. To hit a ball in a game of baseball. But then I saw The Untouchables in which a man was beaten to death with one. I predicted Capone's next game would be his last since it's obvious he's abused many bats before this one. What could be wrong with that character?

Archived