IGNORED

Sierrr Nevada Early Color White?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Took the spousal aggravation unit on a longer ride today looking to see what Sonora Pass had in store for fall color. The roads were more empty than what I usually encounter on my Friday rides.

For info, I think the mesh gear season is over. I didn't before we got dressed and left.

All the Sierra passes are open after last weeks snow. I figured it'd all be gone from the roads and CalDOT were just conservative.

108 was a bit chilly until Dardenelle when the road lets you start catching some sunshine.....mercifully before getting up too high.

IMG_1586reduced.jpg

Tiny bit of color before popping out into the alpine rocks and a far away shot of the glacier.

IMG_1588reduced.jpg

I'll apologize now as I don't normally stop to shoot photos. Paranoid about getting hit and I would hate to have to pass someone twice. The glacier is bigger than it was last year.

IMG_1589reduced.jpg

Came upon lots of snow at the higher elevations.

IMG_1590reduced.jpg

Just below the pass and it is obvious they plowed the road.

IMG_1595reduced.jpg

IMG_1596reduced.jpg

sorry about the finger. Not sure how I did that.

IMG_1598reduced.jpg

As with the more northern passes, the east slope is holding more color that the west ones! West Walker River valley was beautiful and wasn't even in full color! No Marines out for the wife to wave at. On the bright side, she did see a fireman later.

IMG_1601reduced.jpg

IMG_1604reduced.jpg

IMG_1605reduced.jpg

IMG_1606reduced.jpg

IMG_1607reduced.jpg

Up 395 to 89 and Monitor Pass

Backside of Leviathan Peak.

IMG_1609reduced.jpg

Southside

IMG_1613reduced.jpg

Shot of the Ebbets Pass high country. The fire is finally out....I think.

IMG_1615reduced.jpg

Calvin  (no socks)

Thanks for the pictures of the snow. The glacier can't be larger... that is in direct conflict of that Global Warming thingy. :grin:

Archived