IGNORED

How do you think I did?

johnhunter44

johnhunter44

I bought a 2009 K1200LT about 1 1/2 years ago and had put about 8000 miles on it. The LT is a great riding bike, but way too heavy. My wife hadn't been riding with me much at all. Most of the time I was solo. Didn't like the weight of the LT and being so particular about finding parking, etc, etc, etc. Toyed with the idea of trading for an RT. Today, I found a brand new 2009 RT still on the showroom floor. Has everything but stereo. (I use an ipod and shure earbuds anyway and very seldom used the stereo on the LT). After serious negotiation, I ended up only paying $3050 difference. Tried for $3000, but went ahead and took the deal. I am now a proud RT owner. Thought about getting the 2011 RT with the new engine, but couldn't get him to go below $7000 difference between my LT and the 2011 RT. I didn't want to pay $4000.00 more difference for the 2011 than i would have to pay for the 2009 RT. Loved riding it home. He also sold me the top case at his cost, which I think was great, too, so now I am set. Let the farkling begin! Good deal?

It sounds like a good deal. You've got what you want at a price you can afford. :thumbsup: Enjoy!

So what are your farking preferences?

johnhunter44

I think I want to get the engine guards, then the bmw tank bag. GPS is somewhere down the road and maybe pia lights, new seat, windshield., etc, etc.etc.,....money money money...

Farkling is FUN!!!

Unless you're just absolutely HAVE to have the BMW tank bag, I'd do some research into some other brands. Granted, they might not attach to the rails like the Beemer bag, but you'd save a good bit of coin. Some of the other brands can attach to the fuel filler ring.

Just some food for thought..any way you go, you've got a great bike to play with.

Enjoy and ride safe.

C

John Bentall

A German magazine tested the two bikes side by side and could not understand why the 2009 bike would pull away from the 2010 DOHC machine. Then they swopped riders...... and the the 2010 machine was faster.

So the performance is so evenly matched that the riders weight can make all the difference. Is that worth $4,000? The 2010 machine also performs better when loaded with pillion, but in your case.....

Sounds pretty good John. Hope you like the RT. I went the other way after many years on my RT, I got an LT. I agree with you on the weight thing, but I could never get a comfortable long ride on the RT. My wife tried riding pillion once on the RT and never got on it again. Now I cannot get out of the driveway on the LT with out her. I also agree on finding the right parking space with the LT, it is a beast. Now when I jump on the RT, I feel like I am on a sprint!!

carolinarider

Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy the new ride and take good care of your new baby! I'll be looking to buy a well taken care of 1200 in a few years!!

Man, I am loving this bike. Traded my LT for an RT. Can't believe the difference almost 300 lbs makes. I feel like I am riding a fast bicycle. It may be just a tad taller than my LT, but with the weight loss, it doesn't matter that much, as I can still get the balls of my feet down on the ground, and its so light...No regrets here. Took off all the cases and hit some country roads with twisties. Should have bought the RT first time around, but I did have the LT for almost 1 1/2 years and enjoyed it, but just not this much!!

Archived